ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS, ESP and SERV light coming on, Brake pedal switch already changed.

Clio 172
As above, when im driving the ABS, ESP and SERV light all come on after abit but reset themselves when the ignition has been switched off, its definitely on the braking circuit because if im stationary and press the brakes on and off a couple times the lights come on, any idea's?

Clio 172
For those of you who are interested, I think I have established the cause of this. Both my brake pedal switches were a couple 'mm' too long so when I was braking the switch button wasn't coming out far enough to make contact to put the brake lights on, so some how I think that through the ABS module the ECU must realise that I was braking but the lights were off. To resolve this I filed a couple 'mm' off the switch and now the lights come on as soon as I touch the pedal and the dash lights haven't came back on yet, time will tell (Touch wood)

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Firstly..... u need to get someone to log into the ABS ECU to read the codes. But seeing as you have said it happens when you first press the brake when stationary..... this can either be.... the Brake pedal switch giving the wrong signal..... or can be a pressure sensor faulty in the ABS ECU.

But as i say.... need diags to read the error codes.

turbo 182
Had it code read pedal sensor or abs pedal sensor the fella at the garge couldn't remember correctly however after driving for a while it comes back on but as soon as you turn the car off and then back on the ESP abs and serv light don't all ways come on