ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Abs and esp lights on

iceberg phase 2 172
Hi guys, this last week the abs light and esp light have come on on my 52 plate 172, but they only come on when I go over 30mph,then when I switch the engine off etc an back on they go out, until I go over 30 again, the abs don't kick in etc or cause any problems, also the serv light aint on, anyone have any ideas?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
ABS Ring might be broken / cracked or a ABS Sensor might be faulty.

You can check the rings your self by having a look at them and best way to find out if its the sensor is to get it plugged into a Clip.
I had 3 stuffed ABS sensors and the clip pinpointed each one.

iceberg phase 2 172
Won't that make the abs kick in tho? On my old 1 it had the wrong abs rings on the back, and every time I pressed the brakes the abs would kick in and the pedal would go solid

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Been told it's just the brake fluid needs topping up, does this sound right?

Yeah that also brings the lights on, Have a good look and check the level of it.

If it was me i would do a full brake fluid change but thats just me and its not needed, A top up would also be fine

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
If the brake fluid hasn't been changed for a while would be worth doing a full flush, while you're at it

1 litre will do you