ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aberdeenshire Noobie!

Blackgold 182
Hi Guys!

Im new too the site and currently looking for a decent 172/182. Thought I would join the site and have a browse through the wealth of info Im sure is on here!

I have mostly owned Jap performance cars (Skylines/evo's/Mr2 etc) and my current car is a Subaru Legacy estate with 331bhp. I am however looking for something smaller and maybe a bit more economical (current car does 14mpg!!) but still quite sporty, hence why I have been drawn to the little clio!

Anyway my first few questions are as follows!

Is there anything in particular too look for when buying a clio i.e any common problems?

What mileage does the cambelt require changing?

Is there much difference between a 172 & 182.....apart from the obvious?

What does the 'cup pack' involve?

Think thats all for now!

Cheers

Billy

Blackgold 182
For those who may (or not lol) be interested this is my current car that Im looking too sell for a 182!

IMG_0747.jpg

Clio 182
  Blackgold 182
So, I test drove my first 182 last night and aside from how slow it was one thing that puzzled me was....it was advertised as having recaros. Now how would I know this? Does it have recaro stitched into the seat? The one I looked at last night just had renaultsport stitched in?!

​anyway going to look at another tidier looking one on Sat morning....so fingers crossed!!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Recaros in the clios are trendlines - well that's the trophy/options anyway. You should be able to notice them!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
P1010338.jpg
[/FONT]

Blackgold 182
If the 182 is slow you must have owned some pretty fast cars? :)

You could say that! 600bhp skyline, 340bhp Mr2 etc! Just let go of my 330hp Legacy so it was a fair shock to the system!! Don't matter though I dont intend to leave a 182 standard when I get one!! :D

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Welcome along, get some pics up and more of your old cars! Really like Cruden Bay, pop up almost everytime I'm around Aberdeen. Really love the road to get there too!

Blackgold 182
Welcome along, get some pics up and more of your old cars! Really like Cruden Bay, pop up almost everytime I'm around Aberdeen. Really love the road to get there too!

Yeh its a decent road alright!!

Pick up my 182 tonight so pics will follow in not too long!