ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Real FAKE 172 sport, Glasgow (+pics) ....

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
spotted this in the city centre last night ... trophy colour

Image031.jpg

Image032-1.jpg

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
seats aren't recaros from the pic, also he's put the front' squirters on and trophy don't have squirters, and it don't say trophy on the sides does it ? also rear spoiler isn't on ? that my spot the differences ? also no sports stickers on the back, wheels are wrong, its to high, door handels are black not red ?

easy, if rear drums are on then its not a sport.

guy in leeds somewhere has done his really well as well, incl all lowering, wheels, interior, badges, you name it. only way you can tell by lookin at it is that it has rear drums.

looks a good replica though.

jamie

172 sport/Clio 16v T
Try it not having the twin wheel barrow handle exhaust of the 182 too!!!
I love clio sports and own one (172 ph2) but why did renault change the exhaust and back bumper on the 182 i think it looks cr*p LOL No disrespect to the 182 to owners on here tho because you lot get all the nice colours!! (Liquid yellow)

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
yeah for a start its a trophy colour on a 51 plate and secondly the door handles are still black and thirdly it has rear drums.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
yeah for a start its a trophy colour on a 51 plate and secondly the door handles are still black and thirdly it has rear drums.

Yep - the '51 year was the thing I noticed straight away. A private plate and some lowering would help that significantly. Good effort though...

D.

im sure you can put any older plate on a car...

so they could technically have put a "51" plate that they loved sooo much, onto the car

lot of effort and prob money on that one...(personally dont see the point)

Monaro VXR
looks alright but considering the size of a Clio how the hell could he not get it into the space properly?

Valver
looks alright but considering the size of a Clio how the hell could he not get it into the space properly?

Well seeing as it doesnt look like a very busy time he probably didnt care tbh ;)

Or maybe when he parked there were cars in front and behind that parked badly...

3 MPS
i seen this car yesterday at the gallowgate , caught my eye straight away but noticed its a 51 plate and phase 2,s came out 02 , (i think) it had a drivers door bump strip missing and had no upper grill from what i remember

Shhh
Either way, id still drive the thing. Has the looks as the 182, but has the ecomony of a 1.2..

ideal all round i think..

suppose next would be 182 suspension setup and then you get the performance (lacking engine of course) so can carry the speed through the corners..

10 / 10 for effort from me..

:)

Clio DCi 65
To be honest i think its pretty smart

Would like to do that sorta thing to my clio but with a V6 kit

costs too much and my cars slow enough as it is!

Can i get a dump valve on my car lol?

Dci?

Monaro VXR
To be honest i think its pretty smart

Would like to do that sorta thing to my clio but with a V6 kit

costs too much and my cars slow enough as it is!

Can i get a dump valve on my car lol?

Dci?

V6 kit is a no no. They look s**t aftermarket never lines up properly and by the time you have spent all the cash on it you could have bought a V6 and insured the thing anyway totally pointless if you ask me.

Last edited:
  Megane 230 R26
Good effort for once. There are loads of chavvy fakes around here, love overtaking them tbh, no better way to say "Don't bother mate" :D

fiesta 1.25
not a good effort if its ment to look exacly the same fair play if he likes it like that. Not low enough,s**t wheels,no side wings and the correct sideskirts,not 182 bumper,door handles not spreyed,exaust,year of plate! ive seen much better everybody does it now.

RenaultSport clio 172 cup
looks like a good effort 2 me. all u 1.2 guys give him some appreciation for his efforts:S

MANUFACTURER RENAULT
MODEL CLIO AUTHENTIQUE
BODYTYPE 3 Door Hatchback
COLOUR RED
FUEL TYPE Petrol
ENGINE SIZE 1149 CC
DATE REGISTERED 01/09/01
FORMER KEEPERS 2

Authentique so its the 1.2 8v, prob won't even do a ton.