ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a quick question car on the road with no insurance

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
my dads having the drive done tomorrow and i have another car that isnt insured yet can it be left on the road as long as it has tax and mot? just not insurance

Golf MK6 GT TDI
It would probably be ok.

BUT, I'm sure if someone accidentally bumped it you may find yourself in hot water.

Suzuki Ignis
Technically no. Not allowed to be driven on public highway.

You could push it around I suppose. But if someone breaks in or crashes into your car, you wont be covered.

Family Bus
As above, I'm sure you can get 1 day cover... could you not add the car onto your other policy/parents policy just for the day. Doubt it would cost much.

Ad

MK2 FRS
technically no, but would 99% of the population just put it on the front of the house for day? Yes. Doesnt make it right, but I probably would. Theft is no different to it being on the drive - unisured. If someone crashes into then they have to pay.

Now Sold :-(
If you put it on the road then it should have a policy of insurance that covers third party risk. Makes no difference if driven, pushed or dropped from the sky.

Reality is for a day nobody is gonna notice/care. Only be an issue if someone else hits it. Although it will be their fault they will I'm sure make a big issue over the fact your car was uninsured at the time. You takes your chances.