ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A mate's near death experience at the ring!

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Put it in 1080p full screen :eek:

[youtube]xYrOnFv7A8c[/youtube]

My mate driving the RRR SR2 was following a BMW M3 when the rear suspension collapses on the beamer. The rear spring falls out, bounces off the armco, swings across the track and rebounds off the steering wheel missing his head by inches!! Absolutely mental....

​Screen grab just before impact.
993519_4379795153360_955150293_n.jpg

The steering wheel afterwards.
7259_10151715230098615_1541715784_n.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Saw that video on facebook couldn't tell what hit him though.

Pretty damn lucky that! Or unlucky? I guess its a bit of both lol.

p.s I want to know what happened to the car that lost a spring!

182cup & 172 racecar
I did read once, of a guy was driving home one eve after work, sun just creeping into his eyes, same road same sh1t, woke up 6 mths later, after being in a coma.

A lorry had come the other way, and uprooted a loose catseye, through his windscreen, and clipped the side of his head.

He didn't even see it coming or hear the windscreen smash.

​Another lucky chap.

Leon Cupra 300
Jeeeez that's so lucky. That slow mo is good, looks like saw it coming and tried to avoid, obviously nothing he could do. Just be happy he didn't move any further!

Springs are soo heavy, I'd say that probably would be the end for him. Lucky guy.

It wasn't a BMW suspension that collapsed it was a Clio 172 racecar. I saw it on Facebook earlier. The Clio is owned by Darren who runs the trackday that it happened on and he put up an apology for it happening (nothing he could do really the spring just dislocated) and he is buying a replacement wheel. Obviously could of been a lot worse but very good of Darren to do a public apology accepting it was his car and offering to put things right IMO.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Yeah I was going to say it looks lie a Clio spring! Fair play, inch either way could of made a huuuuuuge difference.

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
It wasn't a BMW suspension that collapsed it was a Clio 172 racecar. I saw it on Facebook earlier. The Clio is owned by Darren who runs the trackday that it happened on and he put up an apology for it happening (nothing he could do really the spring just dislocated) and he is buying a replacement wheel. Obviously could of been a lot worse but very good of Darren to do a public apology accepting it was his car and offering to put things right IMO.

Ah apologies, nick did actually say it was the 172, but i convinced myself he must of been mistaken because it looked like the BMW in the video, i hadn't seen the DN facebook post!

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Wow can only repeat what others have said.
Obvisouly wasn't his time. Lucky escape!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Darren is a top guy :)

Fair play for offering to sort it.

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5
Sheds a little more light on it!

​[youtube]Q06sczW2YxM[/youtube]