ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A little tidy up.....

V6 PH1
After buying some new brakes on V6clio.net, this weekend was time to fit them. While the car was up and off the road I thought I would sort out a few other bits and pieces. First morning I got the car up on axel stands and stripped the brakes down. Had some problem with the front caliper retaining pins but some brute force couldn't solve lol. Wire brushed the calipers and painted them. After doing that I set about a few other bits. The door switch trays were looking a bit worn so rubbed them down with some wet and dry, sprayed them and lacquered them, quite pleased with how they turned out. Also picked up some cheap JL Audio speakers and a silver steering wheel insert(had a blue one) and fitted them. Come sunday morning, with the calipers dry fitted the decals and put the new brakes together. Only issues here were the red stuff pads not fitting into the caliper smoothly, after filing the edges down a little at a time these slid into place nicely, with all four on, changed the brake fluid, changed the exhaust clamps to the proper omes (182 ones were a bit tight the proper ones have straightened up the exhaust, and with the wheels back on and the car back on the ground job done!
DSCF6004.jpg

DSCF6010.jpg

DSCF6019.jpg

DSCF6013.jpg

DSCF6008.jpg

DSCF6017.jpg

DSCF6009.jpg

V6 PH1
Just a quick update for those that care! Brakes a starting to feel awesome, plenty of stopping power there! Also a couple more pics as asked for ages ago!

Image0054.jpg

Image0055.jpg

Image0056.jpg

Image0057.jpg