ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A little late but better than never

2020 Merc E450 Coupe
Well after 2 years of being a member and being clio/car free for 6 months, I'm finally introducing myself as I'm now on the lookout for a cheapish 172 to buy and build myself. I used to own a selection of bikes and a 1.2 clio and finally got a little gift for myself, a Black Gold full fat 182:

055paint.jpg

053.jpg

051paint.jpg

049paint.jpg

I did pay a little over the odds but it was a 1 owner car from new, fully stock, full working order and very clean. And being the full fat, had everything it could bar satnav. All I did to it was a few touch ups with paint on the plastic trim and a new Ktec catback exhaust (There are some naughty build threads on here that make you dream a little :evil:). Then just after a year, for some bizarre reason, I decided to cycle to work and got rid of it. I was admittedly upset *tearing up abit* as it left. And now 6 months later I'm gagging for some Clio RS again, but this time alongside a motorsport course, I will be building a little stripped out 172 rocket! Lets hope its not too long before I'm in the build threads!

Dan

PS: Thanks to ALOT of users for all your invaluable (and free!) info. I've barely had to post due to finding out any info with a quick search!

2020 Merc E450 Coupe
Nice motor - exhaust looks decent :)

Thanks! It doesn't look like it in the pic but it hangs perfectly in the holes - thanks to a little homemade 3rd exhaust hanger ;)

Looks nice! Skoda splitter and clean plates would top it off.

Thanks! Unfortunately I dont have it anymore. Although you were spot on, i was going to get a splitter and get rid of the stupid plates that came with the car. Also maybe some trophy turinis for the best standard look. Ah well. Onwards and upwards with the 172 Project!

Last edited: