ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a little help please!

Milltek'd 182
right, i know how intellectual you lot are so thought i'd ask a little question.

my sister has a VW polo, 1.2 sport (i think) the 3 cylinder one. and she was on the motorway when it 'blew up' oil pissing out everywhere all up the back of the car and over the engine bay. had to get it towed back and my step dad has a mate who used to work for VW and said dont touch it just take it there.
it looks bad, probably a cracked block?!

anyway, its 2003 and done 40,000ish miles. so just out of warranty really. always been serviced at VW and had it done at 38,000 miles i think so not long ago. where do we stand legally? i've heard things like 'not fit for purpose' on here and stuff and just wondered if anyone has any advice? think it needs a new engine so we are talking £££!!

cheers guys

Lionel Richie
either get an engine from a breakers, or see if VW will pay a "good will gesture" kinda thing, such as they pay 60% you pay 40%

Milltek'd 182
yea i thought about a breakers, will they be much? so there's no legal requirement for them to help us out? cheers

Milltek'd 182
cheers fred. a little update, it turns out a plug (mum told me this so i'd assume the sump plug?) wasn't put back properly after it was serviced by VW, hence causing the oil to leak out and further problems resulting in what happened above. i haven't heard what VW said about it/or what they will do. are they liable?

RSC 182 Cup
cheers fred. a little update, it turns out a plug (mum told me this so i'd assume the sump plug?) wasn't put back properly after it was serviced by VW, hence causing the oil to leak out and further problems resulting in what happened above. i haven't heard what VW said about it/or what they will do. are they liable?

If thats the case then they are liable.

Milltek'd 182
:D cheers dude. just wanted to know if they try and kick up a fuss, however nothings been said about what happens next, think we are going there tomorrow.

Megane Trophy, Golf
Tell em you want a new engine paid for by them! Its their fault, if they had done thier job right in the first place then you wouldnt be in this situation. ;)

Lionel Richie
loose sump plug,oh dear oh dear

50%, two words to that, one begins with and f and ends in k, the other is off ;)

Milltek'd 182
haha shut it steve!

so you think we should push for more? the last service was only at 38,000 and the cars done just over 40,000. but i think the service was near on a year ago. my sisters only just got the car too, just passed...had it 3 weeks then this happens!! they've admitted it wasnt put back right, but are only offering 50%?!! but i suppose its pretty much up to them what they offer, its not like we are going to win in court is it!!!

but i suppose its pretty much up to them what they offer, its not like we are going to win in court is it!!!

You would win there admitting liability anyway realy. I'd say any more than £500 off yourselfves is excessive and unlawful.

www.renparts.co.uk
haha shut it steve!

so you think we should push for more? the last service was only at 38,000 and the cars done just over 40,000. but i think the service was near on a year ago. my sisters only just got the car too, just passed...had it 3 weeks then this happens!! they've admitted it wasnt put back right, but are only offering 50%?!! but i suppose its pretty much up to them what they offer, its not like we are going to win in court is it!!!

contact trading standards... its their blunder...

can you get it in some form of writing/sound recording of them taking ownership of it? if so you would be able to force them to pay 100% of the bill..