ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A lend ;) 172 cup injectors

172 cup
Had new plugs, leads & coil pack fitted. But the car now has a big misfire. If theres anyone in my area that could give me a hand as i need the car for work on monday, it would be greatly appreciated! AA man reckons its injector related.

Im in Biggleswade & happy to give beer tokens.

Cheers

172 cup
cheers for the reply.

No its more like a fast clicking mate which gets faster as you rev.

oh and I havent got any tools here, and no car to go pick them up! lol... stranded.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Black smoke from exhaust mate? Have a look at my 'Help urgent' thread i did on the bank hol weekend.

172 cup
Black smoke from exhaust mate? Have a look at my 'Help urgent' thread i did on the bank hol weekend.

no black smoke mate.

You mean this black sensor on the upper inlet? Tried disconnecting this and the car starts and then stalls straight away.

View attachment 76676

Jus been told the AA disconnected all injectors togethers... thats why ive got the fault code.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah that's the map sensor that was faulty on mine. 17.50 off renparts

LY 182
To be fair mate it would probably be cheaper to get someone to diagnose it for you! Missfires are generally pretty easy to diagnose, and throwing parts at it is such a massive waste!! You need 3 things for each cylinder to work, fuel (so injector pulse and working injector) spark and compression.. Simple as that,
You can check the injectors yourself with no dismantling? Start it up and get a long screwdriver, put the end against one of the injectors and put your ear to it. You are listening for a nice crisp ticking sound, repeat this for all and you'll probably find one isn't ticking. You'd then need to double confirm its being powered with a bulb.
Could also quite easily be a compression issue so don't rule that out

172 cup
Just fitted the map sensor but didnt sort it. But the new one feels less loose.Cheers Matt for popping over.

Narrowed the problem down to cylinder 3. Got new ht leads coil pack and plugs already fitted so going to try injectors. Might know someone with one to try tomorrow.

Last edited: