ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few snaps from London

Second capital in two weeks :)

I decided as I have the week off to go on a day trip to London, mainly because I haven't done it since I was a kid!

Pretty good (half) day out, the weather turned crap at one point but I think that really made the pics a bit better as the wet pavement really helped in the long exposure shots.

1. First shot of the day :)
DSC_1187.jpg

DSC_1210.jpg

DSC_1201.jpg

4. Quite liked this shot, I liked how amongst the chaos of London, a couple of people stood still for long enough!
DSC_1196.jpg

DSC_1214.jpg

DSC_1221.jpg

DSC_1229.jpg

DSC_1239.jpg

9. Or portrait?!
DSC_1253.jpg

10. Here comes the rain! :(
DSC_1269.jpg

11. See what I mean about the pavements :)
DSC_1273.jpg

DSC_1283.jpg

DSC_1287.jpg

DSC_1290.jpg

DSC_1293.jpg

DSC_1302.jpg

DSC_1304.jpg

18. Attempt number 2!
DSC_1322.jpg

DSC_1342.jpg

20. An attempt at a pano shot, yes I know it's on the piss, I will have another go at editing this later I think.
Pano_London_1.jpg

Well that's pretty much it. I have a few more that I might post up later, but for now.....enjoy :)

Dan

Awesome dude!! Did you carry a tripod about? Or just use something to lean on? I'm guessing you must have for No18.

10 is my fave I think.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Awesome.

We generally go to london between Xmas and New year, but i get pissed of carrying the 350D Never mind a Tripod :D

Oil Burner
Awesome shots Dan.

And you didn't get arrested for using a camera in London despite what the media might lead you to believe.

Awesome shots Dan.

And you didn't get arrested for using a camera in London despite what the media might lead you to believe.

lol I was quite surprised actually! I was kinda expecting to be spoken to, but nothing!

I didnt realise that one of photos (that isnt posted yet) was taken right next to Downing Street. I didnt even realise it was there (I don't know London at all!).

The police outside the gate didnt even second look at me!

Us 'togs are finally getting some freedom!! :rasp:

Another cracking set of shots. You seem to be doing a lot of long exposure stuff recently.

Yeh I seem to prefer it lately. I'm sort of going through a phase of hating fully static shots. I like to have a sense of movement in the photo, and long exposure does the trick :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Brilliant shots mate, love the ones including the eye, makes it look much more amazing than it is (can't be a bad thing)

I can't help but think you could get some cracking shots from around where I work, Cross Harbour DLR station, gives you a good view over the river etc near Canary Wharf and the other high buildings.

(see my phone picture thread for a rough idea of what you can see)

172 Flamer
I just wish I could take photo's half as good as this. Some outstanding photo's here. Do you do photography for a living or a hobbie?

Tangoed Works
awesome shots. what camera and lens do you use matey. Also do you go manual on the white balance adjustment?

I very rarely look in this section, but I saw London & had to look. I am so glad I did, they are ace !:approve:

I like :cool:

Barge
Dude, you're skills are amazing. Those photgraphs are stunning, perfect. Some of the best, if not the best, I've ever seen on this forum.