ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A few RS 172/182 lady owners recently

Red Clio 197 F1
Not dissing the lady owners.

But recently I have seen quite a few ladies in their late 30's to mid 40's driving our beautiful ClioSports!

Always nice to see and maybe their husbands played a part in the choice!

The other week I saw a lady on the M25 near Watford in a Trophy and she was driving it with passion.

I've flashed a few (with my lights that is) and a polite wave and they seem to think I'm some sort of nutter so I doubt they are users of this fine site!

Any ladies gonna respond - this isn't a dating line honest!!

LOL at this isnt a dating line. Sure ;)

But around where i live, i tend to see younger girls driving clios, even the sport models.

And 9 times out of 10 they are always really fit!

Where do these girls hide in the evenings?

Red Clio 197 F1
Does sound a little dodgy

but don't think my g-friend would be best pleased if I start talking cambelts, injectors with a fellow female clio sport enthusiast, well it deponds on whether or not she has a Vee or a Trophy?!

TDI tyre shreader
it is a clio after all, one of my mates has a clio 1.2 8v (hehe is so fecking slow) and was talking about how much of a girls car the clio is, couldnt really say much but i did smack him with my birds handbag

There are a couple of ladies in their 30s living locally to me driving 172/182s that i'd happily give a good ramming.

Ad

MK2 FRS
We just need to look after them better when they come on here, instead of everyone trying to nail them. lol

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
JayJo said:

But recently I have seen quite a few ladies in their late 30's to mid 40's driving our beautiful ClioSports!

The other week I saw a lady on the M25 near Watford in a Trophy and she was driving it with passion.

I've flashed a few (with my lights that is) and a polite wave and they seem to think I'm some sort of nutter so I doubt they are users of this fine site!

Well it is a ladies car.....LOL ;-)

Red Clio 197 F1
When I sold my GTV V6 and got my clio my old manager used to rib me something special cos he had a new M3.

The hair dresser jokes soon stopped soon after we had a nice race on the B4009 from Watlington (Oxfordshire) all the way to Wendover. I over took him and it stayed that way.

He was impressed cos he is a fully fledged nutter with an R1 Superbike!

Red Clio 197 F1
Valid point, but on those twisty B roads, there really isn't much between them!

Sounds silly and unbelievable but honestly our little Clio Sports really do suprise some car owners.

172 Cup
My mrs is getting a 172 in a couple of months! she just drove mine and said i want one! she is getting a mk1 though as she prefers the look to the mk2.

but then she has had a fair few quickish cars like 306 xsi, clio rsi and a 2.0 valver! (clio's were prob down to me!!)

Clio 182
JayJo said:

I'm 36 but a bloke didn't play any part in me getting a 182! I've loved cars and motorsport for years!

Wales is good for middle-aged lady Renaultsport drivers, I spotted 4 in one day once, not one of them utilising the power found in a 1.1 Fiesta, let alone a 2.0 Clio!

I assume the examples I saw got them because they have money and wanted the most expensive 4 seater Clio going, either that or they got stung by the dealers. Same with Mini Cooper JC Works etc etc, a Mini One D with lots of toys would be more than sufficient for most owners.

Got a M3 convertible in our showroom. Never sold the fecking thing in almost a year. Yet the 55 plate black gold 182's are (not surprisingly) selling with the greatest of ease....

JayJo said:

Nah I just thought it was a 'fast colour' :eek:

Joking aside that comment is a bit patronising. :boring:

I think you’ll find that most women in RS Clio’s were able to make their own minds up based on a combination of performance and looks, just like the very clever men do. :evil: ;)

LY V6 with Recaros
I chose my car all by myself! I've always liked to have hot hatches, and im interested in cars, so i'm capable of making the decision myself! ;)

I've only seen 1 other woman driving one round my way, it was the same as mine, and she didn't pay no attention to me or look so she probably didn't have much interest, was probably her husbands car!

ILLIAD VEE!!
Now Now young Jay-Jo...."not dissing lady drivers eh.?"

Well, let me tell you - I happen to be one of those 30-40 year-old lady drivers, who own a Clio 182 - and do you know what..?? I don't didn't actually need the influencing help and guidance of my husband, to purchase my car.....I actually went out in my lunch hour to the Renault garage and bought it myself, no test drive, no help and assistance from a "MALE" - Yep, just bought it as quick as you could say "Prada Handbag" 20 minutes later a brand-spanking new 182 in my mitts - done deal.....!! You see, I actually know a performance car if I see one, Hey I even read EVO...!! Now there's a scary thought for you and your buddies to contemplate...a woman reading EVO...

As for you 'flashing' at women drivers and them not responding....I too flashed my lights at a male 182 driver on the top road near my house - he looked at me as though I'd stuck my t*ts on the dash-board....clear proof that it's not just "older women" who don't know the under-lying etiquette of driving a 182, Trophy, 172 or Vee's - In fact, maybe the car just belonged to his capable, beautiful wife, who happened to know her sh*t about performance cars....???!!

Pity I don't live near Herts, I'd come round to your house and whoop your ar*e for your cheek.

Now have some respect for your elders and go and play with your action man...:rasp:

Jainy (182 owner, a 30-40 SOMETHING LADY, GORGEOUS...oh and knows her sh*t about cars.....)

Liquid yellow 182
Here here!!!

I'm not quite in the 30 to 40 bracket yet, but i am a woman! And, believe it or not, i chose my 182 all by myself!! I've been following motorsport all of my life and, along with everyone on this site, i know a good thing or two about cars!!

Red Clio 197 F1
I think I opened a can of worms!

Not meant as a patronising thread, just a general bit of appreciation for lady CS owners but with a bit of banter thrown in!

Misinterpreted I feel but I now shut my cake hole!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
JayJo said:
I think I opened a can of worms!

Not meant as a patronising thread, just a general bit of appreciation for lady CS owners but with a bit of banter thrown in!

Misinterpreted I feel but I now shut my cake hole!

^^^^^ - Hehehe - to quote the words of Morrissey "typical me, typical me I started something....... I now I'm not too sure" ;)

D.

Jainy said:

Well, let me tell you - I happen to be one of those 30-40 year-old lady drivers, who own a Clio 182 - and do you know what..?? I don't didn't actually need the influencing help and guidance of my husband, to purchase my car.....I actually went out in my lunch hour to the Renault garage and bought it myself, no test drive, no help and assistance from a "MALE" - Yep, just bought it as quick as you could say "Prada Handbag" 20 minutes later a brand-spanking new 182 in my mitts - done deal.....!! You see, I actually know a performance car if I see one, Hey I even read EVO...!! Now there's a scary thought for you and your buddies to contemplate...a woman reading EVO...

As for you 'flashing' at women drivers and them not responding....I too flashed my lights at a male 182 driver on the top road near my house - he looked at me as though I'd stuck my t*ts on the dash-board....clear proof that it's not just "older women" who don't know the under-lying etiquette of driving a 182, Trophy, 172 or Vee's - In fact, maybe the car just belonged to his capable, beautiful wife, who happened to know her sh*t about performance cars....???!!

Pity I don't live near Herts, I'd come round to your house and whoop your ar*e for your cheek.

Now have some respect for your elders and go and play with your action man...:rasp:

Jainy (182 owner, a 30-40 SOMETHING LADY, GORGEOUS...oh and knows her sh*t about cars.....)

Pics?

Jainy said:

well said miss jainy :cool:

ILLIAD VEE!!
:sleepy: ZZZzzzz.......Well let's face it Jay-Jo, that's the only retort you can come up with, seeing as you well and truly put your feet in it yesterday by offending every female CS driver on the forum.....

(Your action man with moving eyes is shouting for you......hurry along now....!)

J
(BTW, I think you must be the only man on the planet who thinks a pair of pert 38E's are as interesting as a cup of cold sick......!!!!) :evil:

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I have a 172 , mkII (52 reg).
It's the quickest car I have owned and I love it :approve: . My other half help me make up my mind I have to be honest. I was going to get a 206 Gti.:eek:
My boyfriend has an Impreza and he was surprised as to how fast the Clio Sport really is.
Is there anyone in the Sunbury/Staines ,Middlesex area?

Amanda
:evil:

ILLIAD VEE!!
:quiet: Hey Jay-Jo, I reckon I owe you an apology Matey (make the most of it too, I don't make a habit of apologising..!!! :rasp: ).....In haste I replied to your post and didn't read the previous comments - Ugh...Ohhh....Soz...!! I take it all back....(only the last comment..!! ha ha !)

You can put action-man away now and come out to play again..!! ;)

J

Clio 182
Amandas172 said:
It's the quickest car I have owned and I love it :approve: . My other half help me make up my mind I have to be honest. I was going to get a 206 Gti.:eek:
My boyfriend has an Impreza and he was surprised as to how fast the Clio Sport really is.

Amanda

Hello, I'm just a few miles away over in Richmond but my bro lives in Sunbury so my car makes the odd appearance there! Watch out for Ang around Sunbury in another arctic blue 182 as well. There used to be a few Staines Nandos meets but hasn't been one for a while. Also a guy called Jay182 (or something similar??) from Staines, black 182 iirc.

Shhh
Tho come on, put a women in a 182 and put a man in the 182, and the mans 182 suddenly gets alot faster...

All about the style you drive, i sometimes find myself hitting the rev limiter in the 182 in 2nd, 3rd, 4th...

Suppose its all about balls, and you women have none...!!

puts on flame proof suit...naa, naa, naa, naa.... :)

Clio 172 Cup
Well I'm definately in a minority where I live with my cup! Think I've only seen one other female driving a cup.
My boyfriend and I are both car enthuasists (cant spell), but he is more so. i think my whole fascination with cars started when my parents got me a Roland Rat peddle car when i was 2 years old lol!!
Before I bought my cup, i did consider buying a Audi S3 but the insurance wasn't exactly friendly!

Black 172
I never see any other girsl driving 172/182's near me :( blokes seem to think its great though when they try and race me ! hee heee

AHD

Ford Focus ST
Amandas172 said:

Amanda

hi, me and my boyfriend ( rob182) come from staines and in the next week and a half we will have our 182

at the moment i drive a clio dynamique and rob has a mg zr which he is trading in for the 182 and my clio is going back to the finance company and we will both share the 182!!