ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Few Questions

Hello guys.
Ive got a Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique.
I was thinking of getting an air filter and a back box as my first mods.
Anyway Ive heard that an air filter or an induction kit can actually decrease performance in low engine spec cars like my Clio.
Can anyone verify this?
Also will a back box give any bhp increase or will it just be a better sound that I get and do you lot recommend any make ?
ALSO!!
The cup holders are very pointless.
Do you guys have any suggestions of wat I could put there?
Maybe shift lights or something like that?
Cheers guys!

Backbox will just give a better sound but not power m8. Induction Kit will decrease performance if its allowed to suck in warm air (i.e is an "open cone" filter style) - if you want to go that route (it does give a nice sound) make sure its got plent of cold air feeds.

Hope this helps.

Quote: Originally posted by u33db on 07 March 2004

Backbox will just give a better sound but not power m8. Induction Kit will decrease performance if its allowed to suck in warm air (i.e is an "open cone" filter style) - if you want to go that route (it does give a nice sound) make sure its got plent of cold air feeds.

Hope this helps.
Cheers. Have you got any recommendations?

Fraid not m8 - aint got one of these new style clios!

Erm...I think a lot of 172 owners go for magnex which is a good brand but do a search and you should get a better idea.

Hope this helps!