ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a few little niggles on the 182

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
I'm going to start sorting a few problems on the car they consist of.

1. There's a slight clunk when I release the clutch in gear.

2. There's a loud knocking from the drivers side suspension when go over bumps/ little pot holes

3. Airbag light and services light pop on and off

4. Traction, serv and abs light come on

Does anyone know the causes of these

Thanks

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
I'm going to start sorting a few problems on the car they consist of.

1. There's a slight clunk when I release the clutch in gear.

2. There's a loud knocking from the drivers side suspension when go over bumps/ little pot holes

3. Airbag light and services light pop on and off

4. Traction, serv and abs light come on

Does anyone know the causes of these

Thanks

1. Engine mount (Dogbone) could be worn, Causing engine to move too much and knocking manifold on subframe, This also could be caused by the drivers side engine mount. Best to replace them both, which is around £55 for Drivers sider mount and £40 for Dogbone.

2. Spring could be snapped? or Shock old. Personally i would replace all the shocks and springs. But start with that one first. Your looking at £50 ish for a front shock from renault. and they easy to fix yourself. Check the top mounts first though.

3. There is no Service light, Its just a SERV light. These popping on and off shows there may be a broken connection between the ECU and an Airbag. You would have to check all the airbags wires. Most likely the seat ones.

4. Possible you have an ABS sensor thats faulty or a broken ABS Ring?

Please be aware i am NO mechanic, The above are just my guesses based on experience from working on my own 172

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Cheers mate I will look into it and work through them. I meant serv light stupid auto correct. I'm probably going to be refreshing the suspension too being that the shocks are old now. And covered 100k.