ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A day out with some classic Clio's and EVO magazine. (Pic Heavy)‏

Ph1 172
It started last week when I replied to Chris's (Sussexgti) post requesting a standard Ph1 172 for an EVO Magazine shoot on 1st June. I was already off work so I gave them a call and headed up to Wellingborough on Tuesday with my Ph1.

Unfortunately the weather took a turn for the worst as soon as the cameras came out but here are some pics from the day which I’m sure you all will appreciate.

My Ph1

EVOMagazinePics006-1.jpg

EVOMagazinePics014.jpg

Willy 0001
EVOMagazinePics023.jpg

EVOMagazinePics029.jpg

EVOMagazinePics118.jpg

EVOMagazinePics061-1.jpg

EVOMagazinePics062.jpg

EVOMagazinePics117.jpg

EVOMagazinePics038.jpg

EVOMagazinePics125.jpg

Trophy 001
EVOMagazinePics037.jpg

EVOMagazinePics053.jpg

EVOMagazinePics048.jpg

EVOMagazinePics091.jpg

EVOMagazinePics110.jpg

EVOMagazinePics128.jpg

EVOMagazinePics147.jpg

EVOMagazinePics203.jpg

EVOMagazinePics079.jpg

EVOMagazinePics078.jpg

EVOMagazinePics193.jpg

EVOMagazinePics189.jpg

EVOMagazinePics170.jpg

EVOMagazinePics185.jpg

EVOMagazinePics183.jpg

EVOMagazinePics180.jpg

EVOMagazinePics179.jpg

EVOMagazinePics187.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What a s**t day for weather! That would have been brilliant in the dry!

Cracking pictures though! I'd have the williams over any of the rest, for sure!!

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Great line up.... Could answer a few questions on here. Look forward to the EVO article, they do a reasonable job usually :)

Lee

BMW M2C
They've put a few miles on 0001 since Renault UK aquired it. It was only on 37 when they got it in 2006!

Great pics.:D

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
Willy is deffo the car to have there for me too... wheels look the wrong colour on a lot of those pics though, probably just the light?

Never above 25mpg
What an awesome day for you! Would've loved to have been there!

That Williams is mint! V6 is gorgeous too!

clio 172 cup, aprilia rsv
absolutely gutted my cup got turned down:( looks like a good day despite the weather! gr8 pics and loving the williams!

Great pics summing up a great day no doubt.

What was the mileage on the Trophy out of curiousity ?

And sorry if this sounds silly but is the Vee off of CS ?

After seeing those pics i'm considering returning my car back to standard.

RB One Eight Two
The williams is absolutely mint! I actually really like the RB 200, it looks really nice

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Theres a big debate on Williams Clio about Willy001

someone said its been painted. And who the hell puts wheel weights on the outside. CRIMINAL

Lee

BMW M2C
Theres a big debate on Williams Clio about Willy001

someone said its been painted. And who the hell puts wheel weights on the outside. CRIMINAL

It's not been fully painted, but has had some touch up work done on it.

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Good work! Really wish I could of got along to this. Was it a good day overall? They seemed very keen to get a Ph1 along as they ran one as a long term test when they were new. I'll be getting a free copy through the post when it is published so i'll give it a good nose!

Listerine & Poledo
I've been waiting for Evo to do a Clio timeline for ages.

Looks almost exactly how I'd imagined it.....although I'd have thrown in a GTT, 172 Cup and original 16v for good measure too.

Might actually buy this copy, moved over to Performance Car recently, but that appears to have died!

Last edited:
  CLIO PH1 172
perfect perfect perfect perfect would love to see those cars in the same place at once like that .........very jealous shame about the weather though!