ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A couple of Clios + Yorkshire = Videos

Summer showed up in yorkshire yesterday so I dragged Aluco out for a drive over some of my favourite roads.

When anyone moans about the simota being an awful power-sapping kit, this is why i say "i dont care"
[youtube]NNIO736TbBo[/youtube]

Was a chance to further test the mini-cam too, but dissapointed with the 2nd vid, way too much wind noise - ill have to play with the positioning next time.
[youtube]_i9NS7vlk5g[/youtube]

Cheers,
Tom

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The colour looks good in that video, i'm not sure about it sometimes.

jamescolli

ClioSport Club Member
nice one boys i spy some good roads i haven't driven for a while,
did you make it out on sunday?

Titanium 182
lol @ 1:28

:D

Tom's exhaust being a ph1 is point at the ground, it's also large bore and decatted so the air takes all the dust from the ground as he goes along and dumps it on the car behind.
I literally at some points couldn't see where I was going.

Last edited:
sweet jesus thats sounds good. And do you feel the "power sapping" from the simota?

Im perfectly happy to accept its probably loosing me power, but i sure as hell cant feel it. If anything it 'feels' faster with it fitted instead of my itg & ph1 box setup due to the sheer noise and drama of the thing.

Its the old go-kart effect of telling your senses your going faster than you really are.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Where you got the camera mounted on the first vid? It seems to be taking in a bit too much tarmac if you know what I mean.

This is mine mounted on the front number plate.

th_NumberPlate.jpg

It seems to take in more of the sky than road.

yeh to be fair i did just throw it on for the front plate one. In previous videos i had mounted it higher and it was a much better view. This time around i forgot where i had placed it before so threw it on right on the bottom of the bumper.

Im perfectly happy to accept its probably loosing me power, but i sure as hell cant feel it. If anything it 'feels' faster with it fitted instead of my itg & ph1 box setup due to the sheer noise and drama of the thing.

Its the old go-kart effect of telling your senses your going faster than you really are.

Yeah lol, I have a peice of crap induction kit on my shitty astra, which I know is killing what little power i have, but the sound makes it fun xD

Where did you get your simota kit from? is it the carbon airbox one? So far ive seen a couple of videos of it and it sounds gorgeous. When I get my 172 I think i will try and get either a pipercross viper kit or this simota one.

BG 182 FF
Sounds awsome, looks good as well from the other thread i saw it in, like the pro race.
You need to get a fly by vid because your car sounds great

None
Nice video's, hope Aluco did'nt have a wash n wax before the drive :)

whereabouts were those roads?, looks like fun.

Dodgy one
Shame i was at work, I'd have come and met you both, I love that road near Fewston back down to Otley, Sun ins good if you've been in good food Need a meet lol

None
Its one of my favourite routes, heading out of pool, past farnley, past menwith hill, summerbridge then onto pately bridge and eventually back to grassington
Nice one cheers, i'll give it a try, beats the usual run i do from otley to skipton.

None
Just had a look on google earth, this should definately be a meet/drive someday, that road from pately bridge to grassington looks awesome :)

e91 330d/type r mini
im really liking he sound of your car, i need mine to sit like yours does as it looks bang on mate. you need to give me a shout next time you go for a run out :)

Just had a look on google earth, this should definately be a meet/drive someday, that road from pately bridge to grassington looks awesome :)

Some epic views in the sunshine thats for sure.

hughesclio said:
im really liking he sound of your car, i need mine to sit like yours does as it looks bang on mate. you need to give me a shout next time you go for a run out :)

Thanks man, the innards of yours looks absolutely epic, throw some coilovers on and it will be sitting perfect outside too.

We should organise a mini meet for a run out when the weather gets more consistent.

Last edited: