ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A car i have never seen or heard of.

It looks like something new trying to be an e-type jag or something old...

The way the back window and roof curve into each other is surely too smooth to be properly old?

It's A Reno
It's British I'd say because of the wipers, low cc 1300 maybe, fibreglass? From the 60s?

It's A Reno
So, my guesses were close then lol. Where did you see this, or is it a random photo you found.

Makes sense that it's a Toyota. Don't you think the headlights look like those on the 2000GT.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
So, my guesses were close then lol. Where did you see this, or is it a random photo you found.

Makes sense that it's a Toyota. Don't you think the headlights look like those on the 2000GT.

Today outside my work, ran down to investigate. (As you do)

Titanium 182
My best mate has just bought a similar car I doubt you will have seen or heard of. Only 30 of them ever made. I will post a pic tomorrow on the iPhone ATM :(

It's A Reno
My best mate has just bought a similar car I doubt you will have seen or heard of. Only 30 of them ever made. I will post a pic tomorrow on the iPhone ATM :(

Where's this piccy then, I'm intrigued.

Titanium 182
Link doesn't work matey, I'm in suspenders lol.

PC fixed now, sorry lol iphone doesn't work that well for these tasks :rasp:

3788554544_2111239316.png

3787745977_631b0dca9b.png

Titanium 182
Fiat based, looks a bit like a Clan Crusader. Light as fcuk I imagine.
What is it?

Bingo! Fiat 126 engine chinqichento brakes.

I don't know if it even has a name, my mate certainly doesn't know and can't find much on the net about it.

Designed and built in the 80's by an italian racing driver apparently.

Its made of fibreglass I can pick the front end up off the ground!

only 600cc :rasp:

There is a small metal plaque on the chassis under the bonnet with 27/30 and some other details on it, will have a better look when I go to drive it this week sometime :)

Cost him £450 !

It's A Reno
Bingo! Fiat 126 engine chinqichento brakes.

I don't know if it even has a name, my mate certainly doesn't know and can't find much on the net about it.

Designed and built in the 80's by an italian racing driver apparently.

Its made of fibreglass I can pick the front end up off the ground!

only 600cc :rasp:

There is a small metal plaque on the chassis under the bonnet with 27/30 and some other details on it, will have a better look when I go to drive it this week sometime :)

Cost him £450 !

Yeah, I'd love to know more about it if you can find anything out.
I have an unhealthy interest in rare and unusual cars.

Titanium 182
Just found out.

Apparently it's a

"Mca Sports 600 (Convertible)"

Also I now remember on the reg it says Fiat MCA at the bottom.

Also just found this.

3787921443_3a18d09d2c.png

"Car using Fiat 126 components originally designed by an Italian racing driver, Aurelio Bezzi.
It was a sensible sports car for a young driver because
although performance was not extraordinary, insurance premiums were low and 60mpg was claimed."

"car was originally designed by an Italian hill climb racing driver Aurelio Bezzi, he emigrated and the car was sold through quite a few companies, the cabrio was developed later by Dash Sportscars."

"MCA
This unassuming little sports car was a surprise to everyone who drove it. A not particularly inspiring-looking coupé with a 594 cc Fiat 126 engine in the tail might not sound too promising, but Italian ex-racing driver Aurelia Bezzi's MCA was charming in its simplicity. The specification was simple: a steel tube chassis, spearate GRP body panels, two seats and all Fiat 126 parts. After Bezzi emigrated, the little MCA passed to Minari briefly before going to Dash sportscars (pictured is their cabriolet version). Finally it settled at IPS Development but was discountinued after 1996. "

dash.jpg

Digging is fun :)

Last edited: