ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A bit despondent

Inferno 182
Anyone else had one of those days? This morning I was happy and fine and dandy then at lunch a woman at my work comes in with a beautiful 182 in racing blue with white standard wheels, all shiny with not a mark on it and it made me feel a bit down about my car. My wife doesn't understand and thinks I'm ridiculous.
I know mine needs a wash but the bonnet being slightly rippled and bubbling in the corner really makes me feel jealous when a perfect one parks 2 down from you.
Hopefully when i jump in her tomorrow to go to work I'll feel a bit better.
Sorry for the feels but I feel better with it off my chest

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Nope

2D784099-8DFD-4A86-BD48-1EF823C3519D_zps0aamcsi5.jpg

:)

Clio 197
The more ocd you are the worse it gets.Save for a bonnet respray and enjoy the drive
This. I'm glad in a way my car isn't perfect because if it was, i'd spend far too long worrying about it. That's not to say I don't feel a little down when I spot new stone chips all over the car when washing it, but it's a daily. You should enjoy owning and driving a car and not losing sleep over it imo.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
This. I'm glad in a way my car isn't perfect because if it was, i'd spend far too long worrying about it. That's not to say I don't feel a little down when I spot new stone chips all over the car when washing it, but it's a daily.
agree have a look at a chip ex kit mate for chips

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
My spoiler is damaged and has been for ages. Actually melted on the ceiling heater in the workshop. Should give me restless nights but oddly doesn't. Rest of the car is mint so that's my go to 'my cars not mint' line, ish.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Allways pictured you without a hat tbh

But I know who to ask for a photoshop, like it was Allways there lol

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Anyone else had one of those days? This morning I was happy and fine and dandy then at lunch a woman at my work comes in with a beautiful 182 in racing blue with white standard wheels, all shiny with not a mark on it and it made me feel a bit down about my car. My wife doesn't understand and thinks I'm ridiculous.
I know mine needs a wash but the bonnet being slightly rippled and bubbling in the corner really makes me feel jealous when a perfect one parks 2 down from you.
Hopefully when i jump in her tomorrow to go to work I'll feel a bit better.
Sorry for the feels but I feel better with it off my chest

Take a s**t on her bonnet at lunch time, soon wipe that smug smile off her face.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
The Volvo's front bumper doesn't quite line up with the wing any more where I twatted a cone with it on an autosolo, the MX5 hasn't got a straight panel on it!

Used > Bubblewrapped.

BG Clio 182
Just get it sorted? No biggie. I like my car being mint and I keep it that way. Just pay out for respraying and de dinting etc

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
If the bubbling has started to eat into the metal - it would probably be cheaper just buying a new replacement bonnet. They are all the same on the Mk2 Clios and I think mine was circa £60 unpainted when I got mine redone. Followed by a full front-end respray. ;)

I honestly couldn't care about the looks of my cars (obviously owning a i3), only time I'd be envious is if it was quicker in terms of serious engine mods. Mine looks like a shed but goes like stink, wouldn't have it any other way, just makes going past cars 20 x times the price on track that much more enjoyable.

Inferno 182
If the bubbling has started to eat into the metal - it would probably be cheaper just buying a new replacement bonnet. They are all the same on the Mk2 Clios and I think mine was circa £60 unpainted when I got mine redone. Followed by a full front-end respray. ;)
Roughly how much did the front end respray cost? I've seen bonnets ready for painting for around £60 but also have a little bit of lacquer peel just below the bonnet on the bumper

RB 182 FF
My dad always said to me when I was 17 and changing cars, "never get too attached to a car boy, because one day it'll gut you like a fish...." and he was right, no matter how much you pamper a car you'll find dings, scratches, chips etc and itll piss you right off... just keep it tidy and use it for what it's for.... the RB chick will be gutted soon enough with a ding, dent, scratch etc...! Or probably a kerbed white wheel being a female driver.....:tonguewink:

Listerine & Poledo
I know your feels chap. Every time I see an MX5 that's not got rust falling out of it.

But then, I see one with 2-tone sills and wing, and feel better

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
You know your car better than anybody, so you know all it's little problems & faults & blemishes. Consequently, you get a brief look at someone else's car & it looks mint, but I imagine if you got a longer, closer look you'd spot all the issues!

Still feel your pain though 😢😞!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
If that's all you got to feel down about, life must be pretty good for you! Keep in mind that we see our own cars all the time and we know every problem on them (mostly). For all you know, with a bit more time, that other Clio might also have issues that you just haven't seen yet. It's a bit like when you see a fit girl sometimes, but then after looking at her for a while realise actually she's not that fit. It just because she was different to what you are used to and for a second looked good. ;)

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I would never go out if I was depressed from seeing cars tidier than mine. It looks good when it's clean...from a distance.

That'll do me.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
If that's all you got to feel down about, life must be pretty good for you! Keep in mind that we see our own cars all the time and we know every problem on them (mostly). For all you know, with a bit more time, that other Clio might also have issues that you just haven't seen yet. It's a bit like when you see a fit girl sometimes, but then after looking at her for a while realise actually she's not that fit. It just because she was different to what you are used to and for a second looked good. :wink:

Nice to see you back

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Fair play mate. You didn't hang about from the old mrs! (iirc).l
Nope didn't like living the single life, not for me! Found myself a lovely Lithuanian girl, I would say she pretty much saved me from doing something stupid. Baby girl due in January and can't wait :)

As for my ex, she still won't leave me alone and accept I want nothing to do with her! Funny enough, she also expecting in January, nct class is going to be awkward!! Lol.