ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

996 GT2!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh my what a pretty car. What a colour!

I always hated the headlamps but the Turbo shape is stunning it really is...

Apologies about the pictures... Hopefully get some pics if I get the chance to detail it soon.

Rare colour?

IMG_1798.jpg

IMG_1797.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol! Don't ask!

I requested some pictures and that's what the gaffer came back with! I'll grab some at finishing time on the phone and post them up.

I can't even find another in this colour on the net.

Here's another one of his steed... Tracked car btw...

IMG_0922.jpg

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Pretty sure my boss has this car but in bright yellow... paid something like 70k for it? madness, does look stunning though...

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I can't imagine they are cheap. He only buys Porsches that are worth a few bob to be fair.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm I don't like green cars but I actually thought it suited it. Must be uber rare in that colour.

One he bought for his wife, fully restored by us, iirc it's also very rare...

IMG_7145.jpg

IMG_7141.jpg

IMG_7140.jpg

IMG_7143.jpg

The green one been up a road sign or in a ditch at any point in its life? If not then it's one of the minority of GT2's that's had an incident free life. As for it being rare most were black, dark blue or silver IIRC.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
He's very picky about his cars so I doubt the green one has been bumped but you never know!

I'd hope GT2 owners would use a bit of common sense. There is a stunning 997 gt2 on PH. 1of1 in the country. Grey in colour! Do want!

2742494-3.jpg

Is that Daniel's number plate?

Turbos.
Yeah, that is a 964 Speedster. Pretty rare. My detailer had a mint one in a few weeks back, but i don't see the appeal personally.

In all honesty, if i were your boss, i'd rather sell them all and get a 997 GT3!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, that is a 964 Speedster. Pretty rare. My detailer had a mint one in a few weeks back, but i don't see the appeal personally.

In all honesty, if i were your boss, i'd rather sell them all and get a 997 GT3!

They're not my boss' mate. He has a 997 Turbo, new RRS and an old Porsche of somekind.

What a colour? PMSL. Serious?

I thought it looked great in the flesh, looks a little poo in the pictures but then again your opinion... invalid...

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?577483-Hero-911.&highlight=

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Lol @ the last pic of the green one. Gally <3

The black one is stunning!

If you must have a Porsche in a dark green there's only one choice, Dark Olive. Looks almost black in low light but when the sun hits it the flake in it looks immense, shades of gold and emerald green pop out.

2267878381_4687a785d0.jpg

not the best picture but you can see some of the colours coming out in this shot.
porsche-boxster-2008-jct60-file-RB3158NOTINCLUDED-3-m2.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure on the olive.

I'll grab some more pics of the GT2 I think the colour suits it in the flesh.

If you see the olive in person trust me you'll be convinced. It's one of those colours that's hard to get a decent shot of.

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Its a GT2. It could be painted like a Fresian cow for all i care.

All they need is more boost, a cage & an upgrade of the life insurance. Sod faffing about with wheels, etc.

That's exactly what my friend did... Bigger turbos, cage and a healthy 650bhp :)

I'd suggest driving lessons before power increases. I'd wager my reproductive organs that 99% of the monkeys that carry out those mods aren't able to drive the car to it's limit in the standard form anyway.

M135i
I think the green on the GT2 is called "Forest Green"

My dad ran a Boxster for a few years in this colour. Looked pretty nice in the flesh to be honest.

However, come resale time..............

Clio IV 0,9 Tce

That is not a speedster. It is a normal convertible.

Arctic 182
Forgot just how much I love this car 'til I came (nearly literally!) across this post. That 997 is stunning!

M3 CSL, GT4 & SL
996 GT2 Clubsports are the rare ones

Not really keen on the shape prefer 997. Got to drive my freinds 997 GT2 Clubsport on the Autobahn last year, they don't half shift