ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

960 Miles, 4 Days, The Lakes...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ok, so I went away with the Mrs this weekend up to the Lake District. This meant it was time for the first proper test of the new(ish) Clio.

Before setting off... 0.0 Miles -- MPG

CIMG1993.jpg

After owning a 1.2 for 4 years, the ease of the drive due to the extra power was shocking, the noise however, a little tirering.... :eek:

After finally getting there it became aparent that taking the car was certainly worth it, Cumbria must have some of the best roads in the UK. I couldn't wait to get out on them tbh

Arrival: 330.1 Miles 42.1 MPG :eek:

CIMG1997.jpg

CIMG1999.jpg

We set off that morning in the car to go have a look around, weather was dry, the roads, oh the roads... This was probably the first time I've had the Clio really and truely in its element and my God is it good!

Corners, bumps, hills, it was more like a rollercoaster than a road, but even the Mrs loved it, which is really saying something as she's not the biggest car fan, but I was being urged to press on :cool:

The top end of second and third gear has got to be the most fun I've had in a very long time, the amount of power available is brilliant, tbh I've returned totally in love with the car now.

Anyways, some more shots...

CIMG2042.jpg

CIMG2217.jpg

CIMG2218.jpg

CIMG2220.jpg

After three days of hard driving and visiting everywhere under the sun, including Lake Windemere, The Beatrix Potter World, several amazing country pubs, Keswick and the local Morrissons (which was basically a tent) LOL! The car was sat, ready to go...

647 Miles 36.4 MPG (Pretty damn good considering, but I guess the 350 motorway miles helped keep the MPG up ;) )

CIMG2013.jpg

Didn't take that many pics of the car, so thats all I've got, but more pics of the trip will be up at some point in the photography section (I'm no 'tog though)

So I pull up to my house last night, 968.4 miles done, Average 39.3 MPG, nothing but superb.

Sorry for the long read, hope it was worth it

Last edited:
  Iceberg Ph1
Bet that was a cracking drive fella! Glad the Clio done you proud.. Good MPG also, well at least on the way up haha. Loving the pics. Your car is looking superb!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers Darren, think I've run the car in now? lol!

Lol long old trip mate!

Looks like you had fun, how long did it take each way?

Around 6 hours each way mate with a quick stop in the middle of the journey, journey up we took an interesting, minimal motoway satnav journey, was quite nice to see some of the country :)

Long old trip, but DEFINATELY worth it.

Iceberg Ph1
Cheers Darren, think I've run the car in now? lol!

Well and truly mate.. Keep it looked after and it will treat you well!

Reminds me.. Oil change due in the next few weeks.. Need to get some fluids.. I also need to recover from a serious dose of man flu! :dead:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I love Cumbria. Basically live in Keswick during the summer!

Really nice there actually, ate at that little italien, Bella something? And at a very nice Indian? :) Also went to the a random painting exhibtion in that high up hall thing int he middle of the high street?

We stayed quite near Greystoke in the middle of nowhere. Lovely tbh

Corsa Van. Meh.
Sounds like you had a good trip mate.

Where did you stay? Looks like some half decent cabins....

Titanium 182
Robbos said:
Really nice there actually, ate at that little italien, Bella something? And at a very nice Indian? :) Also went to the a random painting exhibtion in that high up hall thing int he middle of the high street?

That's the town hall lol, I have to go to the office upstairs in there every year to renew my fishing license :eek:
Not sure which restaraunt you're on about, I get a loose box pizza :cool:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Sounds like you had a good trip mate.

Where did you stay? Looks like some half decent cabins....

Stayed Here

We went for the regular instead of the superior, I'll upload some pics of the lodge interiors when I put more pics in the photography section, superb is the only word for it, quality was so good, superior was certainly not necessary.

nice mate. I went to the lakes in november with the gf. Really enjoyed the roads as well.

Never wanted to leave tbh mate, will certainly go back.

Oh and totally forgot to mention, think the car needs a wash, LOL!

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Good read and some really nice pics! I like the ph2 rear end.

You should have upgraded and got a hottub though.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Good read and some really nice pics! I like the ph2 rear end.

You should have upgraded and got a hottub though.

Cheers Ed, hopefully I can get my car looking as good as yours mate, I'll be a happy chappy then :)

Although true, I've had a proper full time job for 1 month, 3 weeks, 6 days, and this was my GF's bday present, I paid for the whole thing and spending money out of my first months pay cheque, skint does not describe me until tmrw!

Iceberg Ph1
Although true, I've had a proper full time job for 1 month, 3 weeks, 6 days, and this was my GF's bday present, I paid for the whole thing and spending money out of my first months pay cheque, skint does not describe me until tmrw!

Rich kid iirc :rasp:

Edit: Did you not just buy yourself a Ph1 and insure it too..? Too much money tbh

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
great lookin car that! Lovely part of the country up there, very fun in the vee!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Rich kid iirc :rasp:

Edit: Did you not just buy yourself a Ph1 and insure it too..? Too much money tbh

LOL, I wish!!!

I bought the ph1 with the weekly buidlers money, quarter insured it, yes. :cool:

Some serious work to be done on the car this weekend me thinks! Invading Rob's, for sure!!!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
great lookin car that! Lovely part of the country up there, very fun in the vee!

You should have come up to say hello, obviously I'd have had to see how fun the vee is up there ;)

Tbh some of the roads were insane, quite sure I had four wheels off the floor at one point due to random small hidden bump :race:

Iceberg Ph1
LOL, I wish!!!

I bought the ph1 with the weekly buidlers money, quarter insured it, yes. :cool:

Some serious work to be done on the car this weekend me thinks! Invading Rob's, for sure!!!

I'm there.. The weather don't look too promising mind, I'll probably be bringing my duvet a long also if I'm still suffering!

Iceberg 172
I'm so jealous! I'd love to do something like this but my mrs prefers to sit on a plane for 5 hours!

Car looks amazing by the way!

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Cheers Ed, hopefully I can get my car looking as good as yours mate, I'll be a happy chappy then :)

I think you're already there mate, in fact I think I need a ph2 rear bumper and cup spoiler. All I'd do is this to the wheels/calipers.

23.jpg

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

That italian and indian are FTW!

Glad you enjoyed our roads mate, they are full of win, everyone that comes up here seems to love them. Glad you enjoyed it!

Never been to the Lakes.

Looks gorgeous, would love to go!

Do it, its worth it during summer

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Never been to the Lakes.

Looks gorgeous, would love to go!

I'd just go if I were yo, won't regret it, not very expensive in non peak times of year either tbh! Its a really really beautiful place.

I'm there.. The weather don't look too promising mind, I'll probably be bringing my duvet a long also if I'm still suffering!

You big mary!

I'm so jealous! I'd love to do something like this but my mrs prefers to sit on a plane for 5 hours!

Car looks amazing by the way!

Cheers mate, tbh, not sure what I prefer, sitting on a plan for 5 hours, or in the car, the motorway route home was pretty dull....

I think you're already there mate, in fact I think I need a ph2 rear bumper and cup spoiler. All I'd do is this to the wheels/calipers.

23.jpg

I effin' love that!!! I think I'll try get the O.Z stickers off (hope they're not lacquered on) and go green with them, then change the calipers from yellow to green, awesome!! I'm keeping the lip as it as atm, its very bright but it's too much effort to change, especially at this time of year!

Sounds like you had a great trip, and the car is looking superb!

Cheers, its a pretty awesome place tbh, especially for the clio :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
That italian and indian are FTW!

Glad you enjoyed our roads mate, they are full of win, everyone that comes up here seems to love them. Glad you enjoyed it!

Do it, its worth it during summer

REALLY sorry I didn't come say hello mate, both me and the Mrs wanted to (don't read too far into that ;) ) but every time we went anywhere we had NO signal at all, phones were pretty much useless up there.

Thought I must have picked good resturants! :star:

Golf GTD Mk7
nice looking trip mate. Those cabins look nice. Parking aswell which is a nightmare in the lakes. Might have to take the mrs up there. Might get moaned at with the noise of the clio these days though.lol

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks like a cracking trip, RS is in it's element as well by the looks fo things.

Well I've had it less than two months, and I didn't realise exactly how well it could perform if you gave it the chance, I thought the car was an amazing upgrade before going, now I don't think its even made by the same people who built the 1.2!!!

nice looking trip mate. Those cabins look nice. Parking aswell which is a nightmare in the lakes. Might have to take the mrs up there. Might get moaned at with the noise of the clio these days though.lol

My car is by no means quiet mate, lol! Every lodge had its own driveway, which was a nice touch, there was even a bucket, if I'd had my mitt and some car shampoo, I'd probably have been tempted to wash it! lol!

Golf GTD Mk7
My car is by no means quiet mate, lol! Every lodge had its own driveway, which was a nice touch, there was even a bucket, if I'd had my mitt and some car shampoo, I'd probably have been tempted to wash it! lol!

lol. Could you imagine the Mrs face if you did that.

Titanium 182
I always say you need to drive the roads in Cumbria before you can appreciate what a renaultsport is truly like!

Golf GTD Mk7
Probably similar to the one she pulled when I informed her that due to it being 50% her fault the car was so dirty, she had shouldered 50% of the cleaning responsibility when we returned. ;)

:lolup: Women are like Cats with water when it comes to washing cars.

Ph1 172
Good read, loving the pics! Inspiring me to do something similar.....think the missus is getting bored with ‘road trips’ up to Alton Towers!!
You gotta standard exhaust system on there or stealth K-Tec/BTB? Mines shot and considering my options at the moment, don't want anything too loud for the long journey's although it would drown out the noise from the missus! HA!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'd whole heartedly (sp) say go for it mate, best four days I've had in a very long time, wish I'd gone for longer though, a week or 10 days or something.

Its a LongLife exhaust with a KTEC decat mate, slightly loud, (possible underexaduration) It was a bit of a bugger on the way there and back, but whilst there, lovely!!!! (We took ear plugs and this helped :) )