ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

92 in 3rd

black ph2 172
i have a 172 and cant work out if it has been remapped or not. i dont really seem to get the 5k kick every one gets, yes there is more power at 5k it just seems the same pull all the way through. 1 get 90-92 in 3rd, is that about normal. and 122-125in 4th.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Well red line is 7250 and limiter is shortly after. I think it is about 90 in 3rd and as for top of 4th I have never taken it there - 125 in 4th sounds a bit much though.

Have you hit the limiter in yours and what rpm was it?

Also dependent on the year of 172 there were two different inlets and one gave for smoother power delivery and less of a 5k kick - this is all 2nd hand knowledge as mine doesn't really take off @ 5k either and this is what I was told.

black ph2 172
well i have the shitty wrong dials in my 172, they only go up to 150 and the rev counter goes to 7 and and nxt dash along(think its 7250). it goes past that last dash if that means anything

Nippy white cup
When I got the Rsport on mine yeeeeears back thets pretty much exactly what it did...93-95 in 3rd and 125 in 4th

Chris

black ph2 172
thanks, how would i find out for definite. i want a remap and dont want to pay for something i already have

SQ5
I can do 120+ in 4th :s and easy 90 in 3rd!

Only work is matched inlets, Open IK and cat back exhaust! RSTuner for Xmas :D

black ph2 172
my car is completely standard,no mods yet, so do you all think it is remapped then, bonus if it is yey.

Ph1
From memory i can pull 120 with a set 7800 rev limit in 4th.

For you to get 122 - 125mph on a stock car it would have to be set at 8000+ rpm or no limiter at all lol so must be these aftermarket dials youve got maybe? rather than a re-map.

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
I suggest checking your speed with a tom tom or similair first just to make sure its not the dials reading out.

Nippy white cup
From memory i can pull 120 with a set 7800 rev limit in 4th.

For you to get 122 - 125mph on a stock car it would have to be set at 8000+ rpm or no limiter at all lol so must be these aftermarket dials youve got maybe? rather than a re-map.

If it is a group N/ Rsport Ecu it does rev to about 8k in 4th....slightly less in 3rd.....

Chris

53 Clio's & counting
Not 100% but I think the phase 1 172s had a slightly different ratio box.....

correct mate, ph1's have a longer ratio box, mine will show approx 120 ish (maybe a touch over 122ish) at in inditcated 7000rpm

mines a ph1 too

so id say a re map or more than likely your speedo's out

Ph1
If it is a group N/ Rsport Ecu it does rev to about 8k in 4th....slightly less in 3rd.....

Chris

Geeezzz anyone who uses that power band on stock internals is brave. 7800 is pretty high on these but 8k :eek::evil:

Is the Rsport remap a plug in thing? If yes he might be able to tell by locating it

My moneys on these aftermarket change of dials. Standard car apart from this prob is too much of a coincidence maybe

Nippy white cup
Yeah the Rsport was a direct replacement for the standard ecu. I went to York with just an open ik and about 800miles and got a 15 sec dead 1.4mile....went back about a month later with the rsport added and got a 14.4 with full interior and standard exhaust so it does make a fair old difference.

TBH I vary rarely hit the full 8k except from showing people lol...the extra revs are quite handy on track for holding on to gears exiting bends for slightly longer

Sounds ok too ;)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=knvYsveN21g

Chris

MCS R56
Yeah the Rsport was a direct replacement for the standard ecu. I went to York with just an open ik and about 800miles and got a 15 sec dead 1.4mile....went back about a month later with the rsport added and got a 14.4 with full interior and standard exhaust so it does make a fair old difference.

TBH I vary rarely hit the full 8k except from showing people lol...the extra revs are quite handy on track for holding on to gears exiting bends for slightly longer

Sounds ok too ;)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=knvYsveN21g

Chris

15 secs on 1.4 mile?!?! You must have one of the 'fast' Clios!

black ph2 172
the dials arnt aftermarket they are the ones renault fitted when they run out of sport dials in 2002, something like that, same as dymanique dials. have a road angel and speed is spot on thanks everyone for your opinions and advice .:) i might have to get a rstuner anyway and when i read the ecu it should be able to tell me, i think.

black ph2 172
herd it from someone on here, a lot of 52 plate clios where fitted with wrong dials apparently and mine was one of them,

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Never heard of that about the clocks, lets hope its a reamp instead much more of a bonus.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
LOL run out of correct insturment panels your having a laugh. and then to fit the other ones when spiorts aint even made in the same factory is rubbish

Ph2 172
Speeds in gears will not dictate wether not the car has had a remap. In gear speeds are dictated by the ratios. A 200bhp car will get the same speed as a 500bhp car if they were the same type of car with the same gear ratios.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Speeds in gears will not dictate wether not the car has had a remap. In gear speeds are dictated by the ratios. A 200bhp car will get the same speed as a 500bhp car if they were the same type of car with the same gear ratios.

So what happens if the remap gives you an increased rev limit then (which is what is being talked about here)?