ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

911 turbo

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Nice car!

pit it back in the standard wheels though, will look much nicer!!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Nice, I don't mind the wheels personally. However I do agree it would probably look better on the standard ones.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
The standard 18" hollow spokes won't fit over the brakes the only 18's that I've found that will are ccw custom billet wheels at £3000

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Just got my spare steering wheel back from Royal steering wheels, half leather and alacantara with grey stitching and 12 o clock band. I also got extra padding added to give a better feel when driving.

A bargin at £130 for the retrim

1406152891.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Really nice Neil. Really good steering wheel retrims aren't always easy to find. Especially at that price!

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Really nice Neil. Really good steering wheel retrims aren't always easy to find. Especially at that price!

I was shocked when he quoted me a price, I was expecting well over £200.
Im going to be fitting the standard leather airbag centre so kept some leather on it as i don't like the GT3RS wheel that is all alacantara with leather centre.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Yummy yummy car, im going to Silverstone next Friday for a Porsche experience day! cant wait

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I only paid £70 for the mirror covers from Taiwan , the rear spoiler was over £1500, luckily I never bought it :)

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I fitted the new wheel a couple of weeks ago and really happy with the look and feel , I might get a spare centre console painted to match the seat backs like in the pic below.

1408975712.jpg

1407192956.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Update
I was hoping to go to a Porsche only Vmax event in a couple of months held at the TOPGEAR track, but sadly looks like Im going to be in Malaysia with work when its on 😧

I recently fitted some silver gauge bezels to tie in with the rest of the silver interior parts.
image-4.jpg

And also just bought a IPD inlet plenum and larger TB , scary thing is this cost about the same as my clio Jenveys 😧 hate Porsche tax.
image-5.jpg

Also just got a silver/black bonnet badge , tried for about a year to get one before as only available in Germany.
silverbadge.jpg

1414255316.jpg

Will probably have to drop the engine down a bit to fit the plenum so will have this job to look forward too lol
DSCF0589.jpg

Last edited:
  LY 200 EDC LUX
Awesome car and rapid to boot, but looks a bit 'birmingham-Asian Ish' if you know what I mean lol

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Not really . Unless your on about the 19" split rims ?
The rest of the car is how the genuine GT2's came from the factory, its actually sitting at the higher end of the GT2 ride height settings as well.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
18" Hollow spokes - How my car would of looked standard.
71155434-640.jpg

This is the standard set from my car that I sold as they no longer fitted on the car due to the 380mm brakes.

porschepartsforsale014.jpg

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
It's a lovely car Neil, but I find that the 996's are dating quite a lot now due to the headlight design.
What hp is yours currently? And what hp will it be after you've fitted the inlet parts?

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
The head lights are love or hate on them , I do think the GT2 styling is dating a little better than the standard look though.
I have never had it on the rollers but would think over 550 bhp , the inlet plenum can give upto 20bhp but it also smooths out the power delivery and helps the turbos spool. After I have fitted the plenum I will have removed the main restrictions in the inlet path, so if I do go for hybrids and injectos could see up to 650bhp which should be good for 200+ at Brunters and 0-300kph in under 30 secs

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I prefer standard wheels, it's a real shame they don't fit with the brakes. Are there a bigger option in the same style? IMO "standard" is the best look for these.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still massively envious and it's a stunning motor. I just prefer the classic look.

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
I prefer standard wheels, it's a real shame they don't fit with the brakes. Are there a bigger option in the same style? IMO "standard" is the best look for these.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still massively envious and it's a stunning motor. I just prefer the classic look.
Gemballa do a similar wheel, not sure of sizes but they do a 19" like this at least.
2002-Porsche-996-Turbo-Wheel1.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I prefer it with the wheel centres silver Neil. They certainly don't look the same colour as the body in the lower pic.
The wheels have been 3 colours in my ownership, silver ,black and now seal grey.
The bottom pic above whas when they were raw polished lips,black center and black bolt heads.
The pic near the top of the page with the green clio are how they are now , that pic makes them look darker than they are as seal grey really changes in different lights.
This is a better pic of the wheels now
1400187715.jpg

I love BBS LM's have had them on a couple of cars and these are very rare in these sizes and offsets, the only wheels I would change to would be CCW forged 18's or 18" BBS E88's.

ccw wheels
IMG_0386-11.jpg

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I liked it with the silver aswell , but the seal grey is my fav finnish on them so far they look totally differentin the metal then in the pics.
The above pic of the wheel after powdercoat shows how close the centre colour looks to the chrome lips under better lighting.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Dropped the engine last night and made a start on the inlet, While the air box was out I've fitted a BMC filter and some uprated mounts.

Engine mounts look almost too good to be hidden in the engine bay

image-8.jpg

image-9.jpg