ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1.2 Mk3 Clio (Red)

image.jpg

Hi, Jake here...
New to ClioSport so I thought I would introduce myself. I'm 17 next month and I got this Mk3 as an early birthday present. It had to be 1.2 due to insurance prices being ridiculous.

I'm thinking of modding it a bit, starting with black alloys and springs maybe, but I'd like to know if buying an air filter and a new exhaust would affect the insurance?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I didn't want to hear that:tearsofjoy:
Could I get away with not telling them? A changed part here or there won't change the car too much...
I really hope you're kidding. You're not even old enough to be taking lessons yet and you're already planning on frauding insurance?
Fingers crossed certain people don't see this thread, that's all I can say.
For your information, it's people exactly like you that put insurance policies up for everyone as your policy when and if it has to be used will be void.
Good start, welcome to CS.

I really hope you're kidding. You're not even old enough to be taking lessons yet and you're already planning on frauding insurance?
Fingers crossed certain people don't see this thread, that's all I can say.
For your information, it's people exactly like you that put insurance policies up for everyone as your policy when and if it has to be used will be void.
Good start, welcome to CS.
Don't worry, it was a light hearted joke, I'm not stupid enough to try something as idiotic as that.
Besides, changing up the Clio won't be happening for a while anyway, as I need to pass the test and make sure my insurance wouldn't skyrocket too much.
Thanks for the welcome though, glad you didn't take it too badly:smile:.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Dont worry about modding it, thats a very cool little car to have at 17 anyway.
You could take the hub caps off and see what it looks like as I see it has black steel wheels. Only things you can really get away with without causing issues with insurance are better tyres. You could possibly get away with spraying the hub caps a slightly darker shade of silver.

Dont worry about modding it, thats a very cool little car to have at 17 anyway.
You could take the hub caps off and see what it looks like as I see it has black steel wheels. Only things you can really get away with without causing issues with insurance are better tyres. You could possibly get away with spraying the hub caps a slightly darker shade of silver.
It'll stay the way it is for a while, but I do want to do a few little things to it after seeing a CS member called "bennettxo" do some work on the same model. Things like debadging etc.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I used to dream as well! Just enjoy your first car for what it is mate, don't throw every penny in your pocket at it.

Suzuki Jimny
Nice colour ;)

If I was in your position, I would just get a set of silver renault alloys that fit and leave it at that :)