ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Titanium Silver Clio 182

Hi there.

Just recently joined the forum however i never posted as i hadn't picked up the car. Living in Falkirk but from Orkney. Picked it up tonight, it's a Titanium Silver 182. Very tidy for it's age, the only bad point is the filler cap has quite a bit of rust surrounding it. I think this is common but it would be good to get some advice from somebody.

Ordered a Cliosport pack so that i could access other parts of the forum.

Also, could someone tell me how to attach photos as i have no idea. I tried the add image button above but didn't work.

DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0378.jpg
"]

[/URL]

Last edited:
looks tidy mate! what mods you got planned? have a look at my thread for a couple of little bits, I've only just started with my silver 182 as well!

Will have a look at that. Handy to get ideas as i will likely miss little things. Just overall want the car looking really tidy, keeping it fairly standard just want to clean it up overall. Been valeting cars for a few years now, have a garage at home however im living away so space is an issue. Attention to detail will still be the same ;)

Short term:
K-Tec Panel Filter
Smaller front number plate
Team Heko wind deflectors
Side lights are yellow bulbs so change them
Number plate lights and interior lights to LED as the lighting is terrible! haha
Get the rust around the fuel filler sorted as it's annoying!
Huge detail, it has been polished prior to the sale however i want to do a good overhaul. Headlights is what's annoying me the most so going to get a 3m kit to restore them.

A good few pay days down the line:
Speedline Turini's
Gaz Coilovers
Milltek Cat Back (Fits the rear bumper so well and nice sound)
Re-map, unsure what is best but there is a local garage that can do a good map so take it there at some point. What maps does everyone have running?

Last edited:
Gaz Coilovers

If you search the forums the GAZ coilover kits aren't that highly regarded due to lots of failures on the RS Clios. It put me off getting GAZ ones.

Milltek Cat Back (Fits the rear bumper so well and nice sound)

I'd already chosen a decatted Milltek before I'd bought my Clio! Love the sound!

Re-map, unsure what is best but there is a local garage that can do a good map so take it there at some point. What maps does everyone have running?

The RSTuner/Fastchip is a great map. You won't release many ponies from the F4R without spending some serious wonga, but the RSTuner map gives you more mid-range torque and makes the driveability superb. It also increases the rev limit, reduces the initial rough running of the car and raises the idle to 1,000RPM. Definitely reccommended by most on here.

Brought some goodies from home to keep the car clean, got some stuff from Amazon too. Hoping the weather is good for the rest of the week. Car has been de-tarred, need to get it cleaned again before clay-barring it.

Rear bumper, number plate light surround came the other day, just waiting on a LED. Other one is old and dull.

So far just washed and de-tarred. What is left before the bad weather sets in is:

Clay bar the whole car
T-cut the scratches/Swirls
Polish with autoglym super resin (1 litre is on offer on amazon for around £9, highly recommend)
Trying out some dodo juice purple haze to seal it.
Putting it to a garage to get undersealed and get the rust treated in the fuel cap.

Just hope for good weather. Will post pictures if it makes a difference.

DSC_0406.jpg

Last edited:
After a good few hours a few weeks got the whole car:

Clay-Barred
1 Coat of Super Resin Polish
1 Coat of Dodo Juice Wax
Windows Cleaned, Polished and Water repellent, rain ex on the exterior

Wanted to do more coats of polish and wax before the bad weather set in but i haven't had time and dont have a garage =(
Getting a machine polisher for christmas for looking forward to giving it a good machine polish after christmas. Getting a Dodo Juice Buff Daddy, hopefully it's good. It's an orbital polisher, so hopefully leave a better finish.

Wheels haven't been done in these pictures, but after a recent clean then going over with wonder wheels they came up really nice, just need to get some mint rims to seal it.

Still have to sort out the headlights with the 3m restoration kit.

Here she is =)
DSC_0096ssd.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

Last edited:
  E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Yeah, had a look at your thread, love it, so tidy and treating it well. Looking to get Turini's next year.

Cheers buddy! It's all about the little touches and keeping it up together. There aren't many nice tidy ones left these days so it pays to keep it that way. You have a nice base to start with.