ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 'Theo Clio'

Bit about myself & Theo:I'm 20 years old originally from Milton Keynes . Previously owned 2 Honda Civic EJ9s before purchasing my Clio, which I loved to pieces. I decided to sell due to being a named driver for my first two years of driving and when it came to switching to my own insurance the cost was much to high on my Civic. I had originally wanted a Clio for my first car, and after looking into insurance prices they seemed much more reasonable.Not long after I purchased my very clean 2005 (54 plate) 1.4 16v Renault Clio in black with 70,000 miles. Iv had some stick for naming the car after a boy but I have my reasons. I'm an Arsenal fan, and our talented striker Theo Walcott and My car have a few things in common there both; small, black and fast haha! Plus it rhymes, and I figure if its a boy its less likely to let me down. That, or im just abit camp maybe haha.Heres a few pictures of the car when I brought her/him:
nm.jpg
nn.jpg
mm.jpg
Already brought some goodies for Theo, and hes in the garage now getting a little something done will post pictures when I get him (Starting to hit me now how odd 'him' is) back this evening.Currently standard so Planned Mods:
  • New Gear Knob (Current one is worn)
  • Tinted windows
  • HEKO wind deflectors
  • 182 Grey alloys
  • 172 Body kit
  • Alloy Spacers after 172 kit
  • Clio Sport interior
  • Stubby Arial
  • Spray interior parts 'Racing Blue'
  • Colour code car plus silver '1.4 bullets'
  • Sound system
  • JustMatz Tailored matts
  • RS Grill
  • Coilovers
That's all for the moment, undoubtedly though there will be more.

It is just exactly the same as mine isn't it haha! It looks good as it is, same what I thought, but with what ive done to mine, I love it even more now aha!

Im needing mats for mine, whats this Matz thing? the only option I know of is just looking through hundreds of mats on ebay -_-

Got a few new updates.

Got my windows tinted yesterday to Dark Smoke or 80% on the rears. They look much more transparent in person but I'm really happy with the result.

null-3.jpg

null-5.jpg

null-2.jpg

And purchased some goodies. A new gear knob as my current one is worn out and looks horrid! After taking a look online it appears in need to hacksaw my current one off!! That could be... Interesting! Also some Heko wind deflectors for the front:

null-4.jpg

New next to old, hopefully this will set off a 'Racing Blue' theme im aiming for the interior

null.jpg

My TEAM HEKO deflectors. About to fit them now will upload with photos once on!

Ph2 1.6 5 door
if you don't care about the old gear knob...and probably don't as you have a new one...clamp some vice grips or something on the knob & twist it back & forth...it will come off.
that's what i did...they are jammed on pretty damn well

nice tidy looking unit...still odd to me seeing a non sport 3 door...australia only got 5 doors in non sports as far as i'm aware

Mate I had the same problem with my old gear nob.. if you haven't already figured this out yet.. then you'll also feel like a complete and utter t**t like I did..

Get a butter knife or something equally as thin.. pop your old plastic numbered part out of your gear stick, then pop off your new one and just place back in.

Lmao.

Hey, sorry haven't posted in a while. My job keeps me away for a while sometimes, especially during the week. Since last update I have fitted the Wind Deflectors and changed the gear knob shift pattern (I did work this out before I butchered the gear still luckily) & got a help for heros tax disk holder ;). I have also purchased the primer/paint/sandpaper to do my bullets and side skits which I will attack tomorrow!

I am considering refurbishing my current alloys into Gun metal grey but not sure how it would look. Looking on the bay now for an RS Grill

UPDATE:I have had an absolute nightmare today and managed to CRACK MY F*****G windscreen! Basically I was fitting my DAB aerial behind my rear view mirror so took it off so I could work behind it properly, when it came to putting the thing back on my mate pushed to hard and cracked my mirror badly. So mad, but life goes on.. Luckily I am covered by my insurance without effecting my NCB, minus the £75 excess. Here it is, worse in person:
null-9.jpg
Anyways, on happier news. My new pioneer head unit and Edge sub I picked up off a mate for a VERY reasonable price! Being Fitted:
null-7.jpg
Head Unit
null-8.jpg
Sub
null-10.jpg
Support
null-11.jpg
How it currently stands
null-6.jpg

Anyone know of any decent DAB aerial replacement for the AM/FM one that sits on top of the car already? The one iv currently got has very bad signal and cuts out a lot, plus iv lost AM/FM capability all together only have digital now. Any help welcomed, cheers.

BIG UPDATE:

Purchased the Clio Cup alloys with 4 pretty much brand new Hankook V12 Evos tyres, RS Grille, Mintex M1144 Racing front brake pads and Phillips Blue-Vision Ultra bulbs. The alloys came in silver pretty scratched so iv given them to a garage to refurbish in Anthracite Grey ready to go on next weekend. Pictures:

null-12.png

Alloys as they stand

null-17.jpg

Grille on Arrival, below Before during and after shots!

null-16.jpg

null-15.jpg

null-14.jpg

null-13.jpg

Still waiting for the bulbs and brakes to arrive, I will put them on when I pick up my refurbished alloys next weekend. Iv had a think and decided to go for the most part down a replica route. Not to try make it look like I have a more powerful car than I do, I just like the look of them.

CURRENT SPEC:
  • RS Grille
  • Pioneer DAB Head Unit
  • Edge Sub
  • Smoke tinted windows
  • Heko Wind Deflectors
  • Blue Renault Gear Knob
  • Clio Cup Alloys (Being Refurbed)
  • Phillips Blue Vision Ultra Bulbs (Waiting on delivery)
  • Mintex M1144 Brake Pads (Waiting on Delivery
UPCOMING MODS:
  • Blue dash & display lighting
  • Clio Cup Spoiler
  • Coilovers
  • 182 Interior
  • 172 Kit
  • KTEC Induction

UPDATE:

I have now fitted brakes and i must say even though im taking it easy for the first few miles the improvement is vastly noticeable and its a very welcome upgrade! The alloys now fully refurbished and went on as i changed my pads over. Also fitted the bluevisions which despite the name are not blue at all and very bright, gives a nice crisp clean look. Forgot to actually get a picture of the alloys on during day time hours (except one pic you can see them on behind) However i will get some tomorrow when i also re-store my headlights and paint my calipers blue. Not sure if anyone actually reads this thread as i seem to be posting to myself at the moment, but hey ho lol

Pictures:

Freshly Refurbed.

null-19.jpg

'Full Hero everywhere' Brake Pads:

null-21.jpg

null-22.jpg

null-23.jpg

Just a little bright?

null-24.jpg

AND last but definitely not least I am currently training to become a Fitter General, some of you may be able to work out my career from that, but long story short im currently learning motor mechanics, and as a motivational tool they give each student a class position so we all battle for top. Basically if you look at the picture below at my name - Viveiros (Again, my career) you will see im currently joint top of my respective course! So master mechanic in the making ;) Still learning however.

null-18.jpg

Further updates tomorrow. Cheers

Nice mate! all good mods so far loving it. Although you've beaten me to the refurbed alloys! mine came in Anthracite but curbed badly on 2. Some point in my money burning spending life ill save to get the done then invest in one of those alloy protector rim things in black.

At least you have the mechanical knowledge behind you! Me on the otherhand know about 2%. Luckily my brother and mates know a lot more than me so that's where im blessed haha. Would love to do things myself though.

Looking forward to see how this comes along.
Whats next on you list then?

I'd say 172 rear bumper.
However what I should've thought of is this:

No matter what im going to get a 182 rep exhaust, theres plenty of places and fabricators around there to do it for you (at a STEEP price). What I should've done was (only saying this if you want a 182 exhaust) is get an actual 182 Bumper with cutouts, that way they can work around the bumper with ease and youll have an exact match.
Rather than them guessing where it should be and how long the tailpipes should be etc etc.

Nice mate! all good mods so far loving it. Although you've beaten me to the refurbed alloys! mine came in Anthracite but curbed badly on 2. Some point in my money burning spending life ill save to get the done then invest in one of those alloy protector rim things in black.

At least you have the mechanical knowledge behind you! Me on the otherhand know about 2%. Luckily my brother and mates know a lot more than me so that's where im blessed haha. Would love to do things myself though.

Looking forward to see how this comes along.
Whats next on you list then?

I'd say 172 rear bumper.
However what I should've thought of is this:

No matter what im going to get a 182 rep exhaust, theres plenty of places and fabricators around there to do it for you (at a STEEP price). What I should've done was (only saying this if you want a 182 exhaust) is get an actual 182 Bumper with cutouts, that way they can work around the bumper with ease and youll have an exact match.
Rather than them guessing where it should be and how long the tailpipes should be etc etc.

I don't think I am going to go down the rep exhaust route, but I do think its a good idea and am interested to see how yours turns out. Feeling abit depressed right now just tried to restore my lights by hand and they look TERRIABLE! from a look on the interenet apparently a machine polisher could save them but ehy went from slightly hazed at the top to now badly hazed all over. Proper gutted! :(

I don't think I am going to go down the rep exhaust route, but I do think its a good idea and am interested to see how yours turns out. Feeling abit depressed right now just tried to restore my lights by hand and they look TERRIABLE! from a look on the interenet apparently a machine polisher could save them but ehy went from slightly hazed at the top to now badly hazed all over. Proper gutted! :(

All I used was 1200 sandpaper, sanded the whole light down, hazy as balls. THEN you T-Cut the whole thing back up. Done.