ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio dci project!

Hiya all,

Got myself a Clio dci for getting to work as its 70 mile round trip daily.

Still need to role right tho so ideas on mods please.

Cruzin MPG Style!!

Here is the beast

image-1png_zps47cb875a.jpg

photo_zpsf7dd4783.png

image-2png_zps2ff453da.jpg

Arctic 182FF
Project seems to be headed in the right direction! A few cheap, effective mods are: RS grill, silvervision bulbs, sport/dynamique spoiler (as previously mentioned) and colour coding (also previously suggested). Have you considered lowering springs or coilovers? They make a huge difference visually, although I understand you won't want it impractically low as it will be a daily driver.

Looks like i may have got some 172 Alloys :) thinking of having them painted wither White or like that DC yellow?????

With regards to wheel colour, I'd warn you away from white as I'm forever cleaning my alloys, they get dirty within a few days and look rubbish. They look quality when clean and shiny but I don't think it's worth it personally. If I was you I'd go for anthracite or some shade of dark grey; they don't need cleaning as often and look great anyway.

Renault clio 2005
Nice car mate. You could try some Williams alloys and lower car. But 182 alloys would look great. But do Your own thing mate try some photo shop of some oz alloys or something. dci models are great :)

Project seems to be headed in the right direction! A few cheap, effective mods are: RS grill, silvervision bulbs, sport/dynamique spoiler (as previously mentioned) and colour coding (also previously suggested). Have you considered lowering springs or coilovers? They make a huge difference visually, although I understand you won't want it impractically low as it will be a daily driver.

With regards to wheel colour, I'd warn you away from white as I'm forever cleaning my alloys, they get dirty within a few days and look rubbish. They look quality when clean and shiny but I don't think it's worth it personally. If I was you I'd go for anthracite or some shade of dark grey; they don't need cleaning as often and look great anyway.

Yeah i am not going to go for white alloys now thinking that i dont really fancy cleaning my car every couple days, yeah been looking at lowering springs/coilovers but have no idea on what size to drop.

looking at a spoiler now on ebay.

Derv 65, MPG > BHP
Looking tidy mate, good to see someone else repping the diesel crew :D I'm looking at a 40mm drop, no idea on what springs to get though. Have you had any pointers/advice about them?

Derv 65, MPG > BHP
Hoses look good but I'd suggest a good two stage wipe down on the engine cover and all flat surfaces: hot damp cloth to shift the thick dirt, cloth with a bit of turps to de grease and shine it up :)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
My dci is an expression so pretty basic like yours. Best mod I did was the 1*2 interior as it made the car much quieter. Also 1*2 xenons.

I've gone oem so got the 15" alloys from a dynamique for £50 and the black spoiler. Watch out for your 16" wheels upgearing the car too much. I suspect your speedo is going to be out quite a bit now.

Make sure you take the EGR out and clean it as they gunk up quickly. Also put in a new fuel filter as they always get forgotten.

Next mod on the list is a trip computer as the pov spec ones don't have it

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
cheers guys, i no what i will be doing this weekend then :) hopefully no rain.

yeah I need a new fuel filter but had none in halfords last weekend, is it easy to take out the EGR.

I'd get a genuine filter as they are hardly anything more than a motor factors one. I use this service kit last time, really good value and only took an hour to fit all the stuff inc a gearbox oil change.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-R...rParts_SM&fits=Model:Clio&hash=item5d32c3e11a

Taking out the EGR is really easy. Take off the airbox and it's right there on top of the back of the engine. 2 bolts and 1 nut or the otherway round.

Derv 65, MPG > BHP
Daft question, what are the cons of an EGR delete? I've only heard good things about doing it, but by people who don't see any problems with decatting. In short, is illegal or in any way bad? Again forgive me if it's a stupid question.

And that service kit looks the balls, might just invest in one and save a packet on my overdue service...

I'd get a genuine filter as they are hardly anything more than a motor factors one. I use this service kit last time, really good value and only took an hour to fit all the stuff inc a gearbox oil change.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-R...rParts_SM&fits=Model:Clio&hash=item5d32c3e11a

Taking out the EGR is really easy. Take off the airbox and it's right there on top of the back of the engine. 2 bolts and 1 nut or the otherway round.

thanks :) that service kit is defo ace, going to be getting myself one.

i will have a look at the EGR value this weekend if i get the chance.