ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

7 hour detail on paris peach's artic 182

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Ive had mr peach around mine today for me to do a detail on his car plus headlight restoration so she looks nice & tidy for FCS. Finally after 7 hours im finally done

Heres plenty of pictures of products that I used and the stages I did

After giving it a quick blast with the pressure washer I used Autobrite magifoam green

me5e4ady.jpg

u8e6eveb.jpg

uha4u9ym.jpg

ve5age5u.jpg

a3e3ebam.jpg

mesadevy.jpg

Then after 15 minutes I rinsed the snowfoam off then got down to shampooing in which I used Autobrite Purple Velvet (Amazing Smell) :)

bavetuju.jpg

my9epu7y.jpg

uhy8a7a9.jpg

I then whipped out the iron x and for this I used valet pro dragons breath. Got plenty of fallout of her which I knew I would of as paris has never waxed it since hes owned it

uremy6em.jpg

ezaraqu3.jpg

etygy8en.jpg

tyduja3u.jpg

ydybevy8.jpg

I then gave it a 2nd shampoo with purple velvet & used my meguiars lambswool mitt and done the wheels aswell & then dried her off with a fluffy drying towel & then gave it a quick QD with Autobrite berryblast

So then to the headlights. I masked them off with 3m tape so all the water & compound never got in the gaps

utuda8es.jpg

na2yje3u.jpg

As you can see from the pics above the headlights are quite hazy so I used wet & dry sandpaper starting off with 1500 grit then going through the grades with 2000 2500 and then 3000 grit then finishing off with G4 compound

araje5yg.jpg

6yje2a4y.jpg

na3ymugy.jpg

So the headlights come out ok, much better then what they were anyway so I then got back onto the cleaning and got the Claybar out and pulled plenty of contamination out of the paint

7azeze8u.jpg

4u8ahy4e.jpg

amy5usep.jpg

So then the DAS6 come out so I masked the bonnet of in 4 sections and used a green hex pad & the product used was menzerna IP 2400 and then finished off with poorboys blackhole

pydama7a.jpg

6ybegy2e.jpg

y8umu8y3.jpg

urenebuh.jpg

And heres a shot of the bonnet once I done it

edu5ynam.jpg

So after I done the whole car I then sealed the paint with Auto Finesse Tough Coat

menahy5e.jpg

And I then waxed it with Zymol Glasur

ny9edybe.jpg

And after waxing I then did the final touch ups which was trim restorer which I used auto finesse revive with a brush and polished up the exhaust with auto glym metal polish

2ajezany.jpg

qunyvype.jpg

y6yqunyr.jpg

agapajez.jpg

Then I got the meguiars endurance tyre shine out

upyte2yb.jpg

Also I used Rain X water repellent for the windows

3a5ezeba.jpg

And thats it. 7 hours later we have one very clean artic 182 which paris is hugely happy with. Its now very clean indeed and im also very happy how it came out

Heres the end result

9e2aqe7e.jpg

mujeja7u.jpg

esegyre7.jpg

deqega7e.jpg

navygabe.jpg

by5yga4u.jpg

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
For some reason some of the pics ain't come out as good on here as what they are on my phone. Bloody crap a talk for ya

Wow, you have done a very good job of detailing it! It looks absolutely immaculate! Really nice to see a 10 year old car looking like its just left the factory :). Did you apply the Poorboy's Black Hole by hand??

Looks awesome should have will upload some interoir shots later just need to finsh shaving the seats also this cars is quite a high miler as its now on a 113k also kyle car was waxed last august by AlexW when he did it for me.

Audi A5
Good result chaps. Try uploading them via Flickr rather than tapa-a-talk, might come out a bit better then, oh and get a DSLR ;)

Looks very good! How much would people usually charge for this kind of freshen up? My cups been rather neglected recently...

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Wow, you have done a very good job of detailing it! It looks absolutely immaculate! Really nice to see a 10 year old car looking like its just left the factory :). Did you apply the Poorboy's Black Hole by hand??

Yeah I applied it by hand & thank you :)

Looks great!

If I may?

- a couple of the marks on the clay look like Tar marks, so worth adding a tar remover in to your decontam routine to prevent this
- Revive looks like it needs buffing off, but great idea on application as long as you're not over applying. Won't do any damage, just wastes product :)
- 1500 grit W&D paper is possibly a tad overkill, but thank god someone has finally followed up through the grades correctly. I've been saying it and seeing it for years! Yeah, just buffed it after 500 grade... :dead:

Headlights have come up really well chap. Very pleasing results.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Looks great!

If I may?

- a couple of the marks on the clay look like Tar marks, so worth adding a tar remover in to your decontam routine to prevent this
- Revive looks like it needs buffing off, but great idea on application as long as you're not over applying. Won't do any damage, just wastes product :)
- 1500 grit W&D paper is possibly a tad overkill, but thank god someone has finally followed up through the grades correctly. I've been saying it and seeing it for years! Yeah, just buffed it after 500 grade... :dead:

Headlights have come up really well chap. Very pleasing results.

Cheers JD. It actually wernt to bad for tar. Ive just ran out of oblitarate :(

I only used a tad on the brush. It spread quite nicely which was good next time ill buff it which will be shortly as im in the middle of washing mine for FCS lol

I was going to start on 2000 but paris had a line in the headlights so I thought I would attack it with 1500 lol

Cheers for the kind words bud :)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Nice work Kyle, I would also say too much product on the pad, will sling and waste a fair amount.

I usually start with 1500 too, work up through the grades but being very thorough then hitting it with machine, usually menz 2500 followed by 4000.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If you don't buff revive properly it will streak/run etc mate that's all.

Not sure why you used TC and Glasur? And in that order. One or the other would be fine.

Also look at Junkman's videos for priming panels aswell as the pad. 4 pea sided blobs, spread at speed 1 then stop, just enough to cover the area. Then another 2/3 pea sized blobs worked at a higher speed. No zenith technique. Just works so so well and so quick.

The video explains it better.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Nice work Kyle, I would also say too much product on the pad, will sling and waste a fair amount.

I usually start with 1500 too, work up through the grades but being very thorough then hitting it with machine, usually menz 2500 followed by 4000.

Cheers ant & yeah I should use less lol. I will have to come up the unit soon and learn from ya lol

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
If you don't buff revive properly it will streak/run etc mate that's all.

Not sure why you used TC and Glasur? And in that order. One or the other would be fine.

Also look at Junkman's videos for priming panels aswell as the pad. 4 pea sided blobs, spread at speed 1 then stop, just enough to cover the area. Then another 2/3 pea sized blobs worked at a higher speed. No zenith technique. Just works so so well and so quick.

The video explains it better.

I dunno why I done it that way really. Its because I read that a wax works better with a sealant underneath

Oh will it ill remember not to do that next time ill buff it after ive used it. Ill check that out cheers gally much appreciated :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Base sealants like Z2 etc. No spray sealants. Base sealants are a very different beats. Jetseal 109 used to go under everything.

Spray sealants if anything would go over wax. TC is quite solventy from memory so I wouldn't want it over my Glasur. At this time of year i'd be looking for Glasur x2 layers an hour apart.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Base sealants like Z2 etc. No spray sealants. Base sealants are a very different beats. Jetseal 109 used to go under everything.

Spray sealants if anything would go over wax. TC is quite solventy from memory so I wouldn't want it over my Glasur. At this time of year i'd be looking for Glasur x2 layers an hour apart.

Cheers for that gally I never knew that. Jetseal 109 sounds good or Z2 will do

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Z2 under Glasur is the balls! See Russ' details with Z2 under BOS.

R14 CUP
I love Z2 (or Amigo) thats what i usually layer under Carbon on mine. I layered it under a carbon, then a couple of layers of Illusion, and the results are fantastic.

Good work Kyle :)

Nice turn around, it's looking really nice!

Yeah 1500 on the headlights is no biggie, I used it on my old mans car when I did his, got them looking like new.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Did a great job there, well worth the £50 he paid imo. Car looks in very good condition too.