ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

68,000 miles in a 2004 Renault Clio 182

Shhh
Well, its been a long journey, bought the car used in Dec 2004 with 12,200 miles on the clock. And today it just run over 68,000miles..

Recent problem is that the cat is trying to split itself in half due to the exhaust not being supported enough and pulling end clamp thing off.

When i go out too the car, sometimes i find it unlocked even though im sure i locked the damn thing.

The engine is starting to tap now about 3,000rpm, not the usual carbon filter tap on idle, but more like hydraulic lifters need replacing.

Not long ago the wife had a truck drive down the side of her, causing some nice scratches down the side of the car.

The bonnet has been painted twice due too the AA man putting a dent in it when the bonnet catch dried out and stuck open.

Ive had many a new part under warranty, and its shocking that renault gave me £300 in vouchers, and the steering wheel is starting to split again..

And im currently looking for a new car, ideally a 5 door 2007 or 57 1.2 16v Clio in Expression or Dynamique..

So when you see me, and ask why the car is covered in mud, and has turf / bricks in the back of it, then you know why...

Titanium 182
write it off and claim for a new one ;) you may as well get something out of your insurance.

(I do not condone fraudulent claims)

mk4 golf gttdi180
Well, its been a long journey, bought the car used in Dec 2004 with 12,200 miles on the clock. And today it just run over 68,000miles..

Recent problem is that the cat is trying to split itself in half due to the exhaust not being supported enough and pulling end clamp thing off.

When i go out too the car, sometimes i find it unlocked even though im sure i locked the damn thing.

The engine is starting to tap now about 3,000rpm, not the usual carbon filter tap on idle, but more like hydraulic lifters need replacing.

Not long ago the wife had a truck drive down the side of her, causing some nice scratches down the side of the car.

The bonnet has been painted twice due too the AA man putting a dent in it when the bonnet catch dried out and stuck open.

Ive had many a new part under warranty, and its shocking that renault gave me £300 in vouchers, and the steering wheel is starting to split again..

And im currently looking for a new car, ideally a 5 door 2007 or 57 1.2 16v Clio in Expression or Dynamique..

So when you see me, and ask why the car is covered in mud, and has turf / bricks in the back of it, then you know why...

sounds broke to me :rasp: :rasp:

BMW 320d SE
My 04 plate 182 is on 62,000 now. Still runs as good as the day I bought it in 2005, a year old with 12,000 on the clock. The steering wheel has started to go a bit rough on one side and there's a few tar spots on the lower halves of the doors, but other than that I really can't complain!

Tangoed Works
Mine is on 48,700 now and still feels like the day I picked it up. Mabye the suspension is a little softer, but you can still give it full beans round bends.

Going in for the 48k service and first mot on monday then off to le mans next weekend. I cant wait!

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
Ours is on 62,000 and save for a car park dink in the driver's door, it's mint. We haven't experience any of the problems above, the interior is like new!