ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

638miles from 1 tank! ..... (dci content)

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
I just did a round trip to Newcastle on the weekend from Bracknell, just over 600 miles.

My GF bought me tickets to see NUFC play middlesborough, tyneside derby and all that,

2-0 to NUFC WOOP WOOP

Anyway,

I did the entire trip on 1 tank of fuel!!!
Well chuffed!

i stuck to the speed limit - and did 50 in the 50 zones - quite a few

i got 638 miles from a tank and the little diesel fuel light had not even come on!

638mile & used 50 litres approx = 58mpg average!

and this included sitting in 5mph crawling traffic for the last 10 miles of my journey which took about 3 hours, because of the mad snow on monday.

So If you ever thought about buying a clio 1.5dci van / car for frooglness, do it!

GTD, Lupo
WOW i dont believe it, you must be lying there is no way in hell..

That Newcastle won!!! :rasp:

Gorms

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
no bad, i got near enough 700 miles out my c4, averaged 64.1mpg over the week, the remaps seemed to help the economy normal driving i get about 52-53.

S23

The Cleee-O
Christ! I've never got that from mine...got 580 actually :) Very first tank in mine was 21mpg...I just liked the turbo kick. Haha. Glad to hear they do well on a run though :D

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
ive been looking for a dci clio, fed up with my golf, my last 55litres did me 300 miles of town driving.

MKV R32
YES.

did the exact same journey, basghot to newcastle and back to see the game!

we sat behind the goal underneath the smoggies, the c***s were ripping seats out and throwing them down...was mental

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
638 miles to 1 tank! FFS im in the wrong car

Might look into one as a run about

thats what i done then sold my 190bhp 172 and remaped the dci, granted its no where near as fast straight line but still massively capable and mega fun to drive with the sportlines on it, dont regret selling the 172!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
FFS! I put 60litres of ron95 in my 1.8 16v Vectra SRi, ive done 150 miles and used 40litres!!

Seriously gutted reading this thread lol!

Time to get rid!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Dci's are brilliant 60mpg in mine feels faster than a sport just isnt lol I have more fun drivng my dci than when I borrowed a sport for a month.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
dont get me wrong if i was going for a blast the 172 would be my car of choice but the thing about the dci is you still have genuine overtaking power and useable power from 30mph in 5th gear with no fuss like you have with the 172 when you need to use the full rev range (which is the attraction to the 172 its what makes it fun, but not every day especially in the winter when your just not in the mood)

audi a6 3.0tdi
over a 1000 mile journey my vectra averaged 57.6mpg not bad at all considering the weight and power. I could of done a lot better but driving sensibly is boring and the roads in scotland are too fun.

Clio sport 182
Only use my dci around the doors work and food shopping had it from new July 2004 and its only done 41000 drive it hard and i still get on average 44mpg about 450-500 per tank using vpower diesel :rasp: