ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

63 Plate Focus ST-2, Very nice car, Race Red

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's missing some front and rear angled shots from further away I agree, mint car nonetheless for good money. I can't find a cheaper one of the same year on Pistonheads, the older cars that are a few hundred quid cheaper have twice the miles as well.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I am blessed with vision.

f**k me this/you is/are tedious.

What does he want for it??!??!?! £17650 seems about right.

You're not doing a very good job of helping your friend.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I am blessed with vision.

f**k me this/you is/are tedious.

What does he want for it??!??!?! £17650 seems about right.

You're not doing a very good job of helping your friend.

But evidently not brains.

If it sells for £16,500 then it sells for £16,500. If the wonders of supply and demand mean he gets more then he gets more. I appreciate auctions are a new thing and take some time to get your head around but hold in there pal, you'll get it eventually.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But evidently not brains.

If it sells for £16,500 then it sells for £16,500. If the wonders of supply and demand mean he gets more then he gets more. I appreciate auctions are a new thing and take some time to get your head around but hold in there pal, you'll get it eventually.

Unlike you - he seems like a very reasonable chap.

If it was a pure case study of supply and demand surely the auction would start at £0. Then an accurate view of the market would be garnered. Not this "start high - hope to improve" method he seems to be deploying.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You interested or trolling?

If you're interested go speak with him, he wants £16,500 bear minimum (now the fifth time I've typed that price) but if it fetches any more it's a bonus for him. Even if it goes for more, it's still a cheap car (all things relative of course).

If you're trolling I think the conversation has run it's course, but thank you as it's probably cemented in everyone's minds the current price.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a little more background, £16,500 is what he's been offered as a trade in, as he's a nice bloke he'd rather someone else get it for that than a dealer. This explains the start price and relaxed attitude to pricing/reserve.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tax? Warranty? Financed? Service history (presume not)? Why on earth he's selling a brand new car on ebay of all places?

The above will help prospective buyers.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tax? Warranty? Financed? Service history (presume not)? Why on earth he's selling a brand new car on ebay of all places?

The above will help prospective buyers.

With the age of the car the majority of your questions answer themselves.

Tax - All new cars sold in the UK are advertised with first registration fee and the showroom tax. All new cars are registered with 12 months now so taking the first registration from the advert it's pretty obvious that the tax expires 09/14.

Warranty - All Ford (and most other manufacturers) cars come with a 3 year warranty. Started on the first registration date that is on the ad.

Service History - As per the first registration date and mileage it isn't due.

Financed - Yes, will be paid up on sale.

And your comments on eBay?.. Well why not? It's had a few hundred views, he's had a couple of part exchange offers through there, but sadly none are practical enough. An MX-5 is a tad too girly for a 6'7" bloke who needs to transport his girlfriend and two kids.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If any mods stumble across this thread in the near future would you mind locking it. The thread's served it's purpose and the advert is visible to anyone that wishes to take a look.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.