ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

60mm set back

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

just been to motor world to get some springs, the guy says not to get 60 mm with standard shocks, even though the DIY guide on here did it,

anyone lower 60mm with standard shocks, mine are gas filled if that makes any difference!!

Impreza Turbo

mines lowered 60mm on standard shocks, how long theyll last ive no idea, but it all seems fine at the mo. I think it really depends on the type of driving you do, if you do Track Days then standard shocks are definately no good, but standard road conditions i personally dont see that it makes much difference.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

mine is the car on the diy guide (old one)

do it but the ride is bad.

Impreza Turbo

i dont know Tom, i find ride very good, some roads round my way are in a terrible state anyway, but on the whole i enjoy it. :)

Freds mate had his car lowered 90mm on stock dampers with no problem but the rid wouldnt be as good as a car with matched dampers.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

ride is worst but mine lasted a fair while on 40mmm then 60mm for over a year then the standards were put on.