ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

60mm lowering.

Clio on SL 2118s
right i know theres many threads on this already.
but looking to lower my mk2 ph2 1.2.
its on 15" 2118s so needs to be pretty low.
unfortunately im on a budget as im a student and dont want to shell out for coilies.
so the only way seems to be for 60mm springs.
ive read mixed results on 60mm springs.
some saying they will affect the shocks and some saying its fine.
so what is the truth? cause i dont want to have to spend money on shocks in a few months because the springs f**k them up.

anyone know they cheapest place to get them from? best price i have at the moment is about £80 and there are some on ktec for about that.

also...pics of clios on 60mm springs would be nice :)

thanks
Sam

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
you need the shortened shocks mate, or you'lll wear it out very quickly! there's not enough travel to use a standard shock. here's mine on it's old 17's and a 40/60mm drop.
spoiler3.jpg

p.s. i'll be selling the kit next week, it's g-max 60mm shocks and springs at the front and 40mm springs at the rear, putting some eibach sportlines on. :D

Ph 1 172
i have did 60mm springs on standard shocks and they are perfect done over 10kmiles on them now and still no problems as long as your shocks are in good order there aint a problem