ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

60mm drop on a 172

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

Thinking about the 60mm Apex kit. Would this drop be ok without worrying the arches? Would it scrape/bottom out with other people in the car (Trip to the footie - 2 in front, 1 in back)?

Will the ride be any different than my current Apex 40mm springs on standard shocks or the same? Oh and will my bolt spacing be 52mm or do I have to go all the way outside and measure it!? :)

2005 Impreza WRX STI

it would be very low!lol i wouldnt have thought the ride would be much different but would catch arches going over bumps at speed i think. nothing to worry about though!loads of ppl have coilovers and lowered it 60mm or more and not had any real problems! u may catch your abs sensors though with your wheels so be careful on full lock!

Apex springs and shocks.

Im mainly concerned that itll be ok with 2 passengers, as I make a regular trip to the footie with my mate and his dad, and woudnt want the back scraping or it slamming into the arches going over speed bumps at more than 5mph!

MSW have said that the kit will fit even though it says excl. 2.0 Sport. Anyone else got this kit on a 172???

Yeah, a highly reputable local motorsport place just told me it wouldnt fit. Poo.

This is all because one of my rear shocks has gone and Im thinking "why spend £100+ getting a new OEM pair fitted when I could spend a bit more and upgrade all 4 at the same time and go even lower!!" lol.

Still not sure about spending £500+ on coilovers, even though I have the money, though Im seriously tempted at the minute.

RS-1, Bebop, CTR

apex is ok, considering the quality/price ratio, but if you are looking for a little extra performance, go for the KW, Eibach (great in combination with Bilstein shocks) or H&R...

still...60mm...damn thats low as low can go IMO:D...