ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6000k or 8000k HID lights

6000k defo....I had 8000k on my Meggy F1 which were very blue through the projector lenses. I had to change them before the law decided to make me change them:(

Mégane RS
my 6000k philips ultinons

CIMG22601.jpg

CIMG5467Medium.jpg

ITB BG 182
Cant fault this comment
Is that pic with just the dipped beams on ???
If so I hope the law bums you!!
Pretty nice thing to say!
See how the light is going well above the wall where i nicly put the white lines an then see how it is also above the height of the cars parkd on the left, well you think of being the car infront with the height of them lamps you'd be blind'd an also what about on-coming cars they also will be blind'd now just think of mr copper coming the other way who just happens to be in a bad mood already an youve now blind'd him an his trunceon swinging buddy

Renault Clio 05' 1.2 16v
Definately 6000k, i've had 8000K before and there near enough totally blue, go for 6000k which imo are spot on!

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
John182rs,
You are wasting your time mate, these plonkers just don't get it. :banghead:
You cant temper stupidity with reason.

They will be up on here wingeing & whining when their cars fail an MOT or some "wicked b*****d pig wiv nuffin else to do" dishes out a FPT or worse.

In the meantime they just drive around "Lookin kool" blinding everyone else and putting lives in danger.

Might as well just put a big sticker on the car saying

"CHAV PRATT"

Audi TT 225 Quattro
John182rs,
You are wasting your time mate, these plonkers just don't get it. :banghead:
You cant temper stupidity with reason.

They will be up on here wingeing & whining when their cars fail an MOT or some "wicked b*****d pig wiv nuffin else to do" dishes out a FPT or worse.

In the meantime they just drive around "Lookin kool" blinding everyone else and putting lives in danger.

Might as well just put a big sticker on the car saying

"CHAV PRATT"

hmmm bit harsh that mate, ive had an aftermarket hid-kit ( 8k and 9k ) for 2 years and not once been pulled for them and have also passed 2 mot's on the new system. friends have tham aswell and have never had a problem. not had any complaints from other drivers either....

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
ive never had a problem with my 6k on my 172 or my beemer 6k kit. 172 passed mot etc.. never been pulled for that on either car

Mégane RS
lights were set to 0 for that test, no street lights and the ground dips down so they arent that high anyways, i run mine on 2 :) never had a problem in 3 years or 3 MOT's

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
John182rs,

hmmm bit harsh that mate, ive had an aftermarket hid-kit ( 8k and 9k ) for 2 years and not once been pulled for them and have also passed 2 mot's on the new system. friends have tham aswell and have never had a problem. not had any complaints from other drivers either....

I don't think its harsh at all.

The rules are quite clear. They are there to protect other people who use the roads. If you choose to disregard them and don't get caught, that doesn't make you right, just lucky.

It may not seem to be the crime of the century, but if someone is temporarily blinded as a result, and collided with something or somebody, you are responsible. If you don't care then you are irresponsible.

Interestingly the recent circular to MOT stations, (copy of which i posted previously) could well mean your next MOT will not go as well as your previous ones. Police have also been made aware of this issue and it is naive to believe they can not detect these illegal lights.

If your lights are correctly focused and not causing glare and you have taken the precaution of checking them with an approved beam checker, you are still breaking the law if you don't have self levelling light adjusters and headlight washers fitted to the car, they will fail the car on this alone.

I am not trying to dampen anyones desire to improve the lights on a car, just warning of the dangers.

There is a relatively simple way of increasing the output of headlights by up to 30%, just using some decent Philips bulbs and a couple of relays. Total cost, under £25

I would be happy to explain how, if anyone is interested.;)

RB 182 FF/ CUP PACKS
Nobody ever comes back to me and says "I wish I hadn't bought those PIAA bulbs". Worth every penny, but I'm buying a 182FF over a Cup because of the Xenons, 'cos they're brilliant (no pun intended.)

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Nobody ever comes back to me and says "I wish I hadn't bought those PIAA bulbs". Worth every penny, but I'm buying a 182FF over a Cup because of the Xenons, 'cos they're brilliant (no pun intended.)

I hope your 182FF comes with HID lights and not Xenons !!!