ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

6 inch in doors and rear

ok, really want to know how this is done now. 6" speakers in doors and rear panels instead of 5.25".

how is this done, and do they still all fit under the standard speaker covers?

yes, they just about fit under the standard grilles

a lot of work is involved, cant remember what though, also be careful of the mounting depth, most 6"ers are too deep for the clios doors

sotrt of, best way id to offer the new speakers up to the holes and see what it will be obstructed by, then get the saw out and away you go

i did to a mates with kenwood dual-mags

i think a couple of others have attempted it,

most realise that is is such a difficult job and not really worth the effort

ive got some 6.5s and i was going to fit them, not sure if i can really do it, looking to find a way to swap them for some 5.25 i think as i dont have enough time/corage to cut the metal wich is what i think it will need and i think it will be too much to get it done proffesionally!!!

Not trying to put you off, may be easier with 6s

Rorrie

shiit! i didnt realise it was that big of an operation. arent the speakers mounted in plastic? sureley bigger ones can be fitted in the rear easily?

best bet is to fit standard sized speakers

i was gonna fit some 6" subs in the rear, but thought this would be too much work

when i looked at it, im glad i didnt, looks like a big operation

for the fronts, it is quite easy, but even easier to get wrong, one slip and the door card is ruined

YES!!!

but it will take a lot of work

you need to build some enclosures for them behind the rear 1/4 panels

sub boxes, encorporating the interior panel

basically for a sub to operate properly it need a enclosure (unless free air)

i am but i am just off to bed

mine is mailto:bam__bam@hotmail.com">bam__bam@hotmail.com

offline at the minute

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Ive not tried the front doors cos of the depth but it took about 2.5 hours a side (including making MDF spacers) to do the rear 1/4 panels. Ive got a set of 16cm pioneer e-motions in and they sound so much better than 6x9s with my sub. Definitly worth the work.