ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

540'd off a Dual Carriage way this morning..

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Hitting the brake was likely your fatal error. It happened to me too with the same end result (although I didn't exactly have a choice, it was brake and possibly avoid a crash or crash.) However it was likely initiated as previously stated by the shocks.

Don't give it more than an armful of lock when steering into the skid. And be ready to apply some small steering input back again to slow the front end down when it comes out or you'll likely find yourself spinning the other way.

However the above advice is a lot harder than it sounds and it's worth practicing getting the arse out in a safe space.

All the advanced driftin' techniques aside, the main thing is that you didn't get hurt and the car isn't too badly off.

The master has spoken.

/thread

Inferno 182 & Saxo
could have been a lot worst that, lucky you got off quite lightly. Have a go driving a 160 bhp metro on 15 year old camac aurigas. Driving on those has taught me to drive respectfully in the rain no matter what the car or tyre setup

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
With regards to the rear shocks, wasn't the car banging and clanging like a b**ch long before this?

It also 'feels' higher from the back when they've gone too. I've had two shocks at the rear go in the years I've had the 182 (strangely, both times on the nearside rear) and it feels totally dangerous to drive before getting it to the garage.

Just my 10p worth anyway - glad you and the car was mostly ok! :)

D.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
could have been a lot worst that, lucky you got off quite lightly. Have a go driving a 160 bhp metro on 15 year old camac aurigas. Driving on those has taught me to drive respectfully in the rain no matter what the car or tyre setup

I thought I recognised your username from Metropower!

I remember the notorious Camac ditch finders haha. Never actually had a go with them though thankfully.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I thought I recognised your username from Metropower!

I remember the notorious Camac ditch finders haha. Never actually had a go with them though thankfully.

What's your username on there mate?
I had sets on various metros seems the choice of tyres on the rims for them is limited. Managed to do an under steer 40ft slide at 20mph in the damp on a set. Awful things made of recycled plastic but they did last forever

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
What's your username on there mate?
I had sets on various metros seems the choice of tyres on the rims for them is limited. Managed to do an under steer 40ft slide at 20mph in the damp on a set. Awful things made of recycled plastic but they did last forever

I think it was the same as on here buddy. Haven't been on for ages and ages though after losing my log in details. Can't find my thread either but this was the car if you remember it? (apparently I have a memorable driveway which might help haha)

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=216157

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Just had a read of that think I recall the car. They are amazing fun even with just the 1.4 16v in, my old gtis used to feel hilariously quick for what they were. I take it you have moved to a 182 now?