ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

500 to spend what do you get?

172 Cup
I got 500 to spend and im thinking of getting some cobra seats (used), as the 172 cup seats killing me!! Do you think this is the wise move, or would you put your funds elsewhere? I prob do around 300 miles a week at least so il be in it alot and will use this car as my day to day, but in around 6 months I can see this car becoming the track car project I wanted. So thats whats drawing me to the seats as il need some anyway!!

172 Cup
btw quade dont worry, if you see this im still coming tomorrow to buy them, im just getting other peoples opinions!!

White ds3
£500 aint gona get you far on the seating market. but if your gona turn it into a track car anyway mayswel save it and get bukets when you do turn it into a track ****

Black Clio GT
its a wise move if the standards are no good for you but if the cobras are worse you should be able to sell them on and put the money into suspension/breathing mods

Get some Mitsubishi evo mr bucket seats. Look really smart and could get some for 500.

Seats is definately something i'd go for, makes a big difference in my opinion when having a bit of spirited drive!

Theres a set in the for sale section for around £250. Black and grey alcantara with blue centres, wouls look prefect n a Cup. Needs subframes though!

Iceberg 172
I'd definitely go for some recaros out of either an evo or a type r.

Not knowing your current mods but if I had £500 to spend on mods and I had a STD car I'd get coilies and a decent steering wheel. But you may already have these!

Iceberg 172
I had some racelanx buckets in my old polo. They looked identical to the recaros out of the tt qs (can't remember the model name!) but I swear they were £250 for the pair off eBay.

172 Cup
well i am going to see quade tomorrow to get these, I think they look amazing, especially when you see them in the car, and they were over 300 each brand new without subframes so i think 500 is a good deal!

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=487516

I think i will look to get coilies after the seats as im 6ft 4 and im not joking my shoulders and top of my back when i lean back are not even on the seat, they are terrible and causing me a load of uncomfortable drives and basically spoiling any journey I do!!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I'd of gone for the evo ones myself as the cheap leather with all cloth rear seats would look miss matched. I know trophys are like that.

172 Cup
i do see ur point but i just dont really like the evo Mr ones, they look a bit to square for me, i much prefer the look of the cobras. And also you have to remember that I will be stripping the back seats out of the cup soon anyway as im going to use it as a track car eventually.

Iceberg 172
I know exactly what you mean by having your shoulders over the top of the seats!!! I didn't know whether that was me being silly as I'm used to my buckets or whether it actually is the seats!

These were the seats in my polo... everyone used to think they were Recaro Pole Positions (I remembered the name!)

Interior.jpg

172 Cup
to be honest they look pretty dam sweet! Yes it feels like im a giant being pushed forward, the driving position inspires no confidence in a spirited drive!

Iceberg 172
That's a crap pic and i had battered them with my fat arse sliding in and out!

But seriously, for the money they're the best buckets i've ever sat in.

Iceberg 172
I modified the Polo subframes as I'm a girl and didn't want to put harnesses in as it was my daily, so I had to keep the std sub frames as that's what the seat belt buckle attaches too.

I think the sidemounted raceland subframes are about £100 or so...