ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

500 quid budget for mods.... suggestions welcome

clio sport 172
If you had a budget of 500 quid, what would you do to a stock 02 172? I have an idea, but Id love to have suggestions.

Matt:rasp:

clio sport 172
cool, that was real quick...... track days will be happening, but im looking for performance and handling mods. Where can i get a maxogen induction kit?

clio sport 172
Nice one cheers guys, would i need to replac the shocks too Im not looking to put it in the weeds I just want it to be a little sharper though the bends.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I'd do Brakes, Brembo HC and Ferodo DS2500 Pads (I think thats right) Eibach Sportline Springs, Decat and maybe an ITG panel Filter

That must be to around a £500

ITB BG 182
Silver visions all round. £30 from the chap on cs
side indicators. a fiver if you want the silver thingies
lower it on eibachs £130 i think.
tints £130 if you like tints.
buy a 2nd hand viper if u want £85 (me)

Should be left with about 120ish maybe a change of colour in the wheels

A4 oil burner !!!
Wait til someone is returning their pride and joy back to standard and is selling parts on cheap ! Guaranteed to be cheaper then brand spanking and hopefully just as good.
But i would get decat,inlets decent zorst and possibly a remap if funds allowed. Get it all done in one hit and haggle like buggery for a discount.

Or spend it on some new cams !

ValverInBits
certinally lower it. Then go for either a 182 manifold (like im doing) or a maxogen (they are just so expensive though)

edit: sorry, forgot to say. MUST be Eibach sportlines. Quality stuff and prolines are not low enough

clio sport 172
Cupster, that looks awesome..... did you use stock shocks with that set up? how was the ride after? are the springs uprated as well as lowered? do you lose much on the ride?

C

Cupster

Cupster, that looks awesome..... did you use stock shocks with that set up? how was the ride after? are the springs uprated as well as lowered? do you lose much on the ride?

Yeah stock shocks, little bit bumpier due to lower springs. Just as rattley though as the standard cup springs were not the most comfy in the world lol

Sorry to the guys that could not see anything, I posted then went on the hunt to find the old thread lol.

clio sport 172
Wow that looks awesome, along the lines of what i want to do. stealthy performance and handling. Very nice.

VX220 Turbo
not a lot of money to play with so go for the simple things first:

exhaust air filter and a remap,

next stage would be some decent springs and uprated pads

could probably get most of that second hand for about £500