ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5 week lead time now on 182

Thats true. I ordered mine yesterday and they will let me know the exact date for collection some time early June

black golf v6 4 motion

i aint ordering yet like waiting to move house first and get money in bank pay off cup then see wot i want i know wot ull say but not sure between 182 or mini coppper s...........????

Silver Fabia vRS

I ordered mine on the 14th April and it is expected at the dealer on the 9th June...so Ill pick it up around the 17th June as Im in Prague from the 13th to the 16th....bugger!

Mine was ordered13th March. I was told 6th May .. then 10th May .... then 12th May .... and now 19th May :(

Im relieved (although not happy!!) to hear others are experiencing delays ... I thought buying from a UK dealer was meant to stop all this ... :confused:

Oh well ... back to waiting ... tum te tum .............

EP3 Civic Type R

Quote: Originally posted by geordieclio on 09 May 2004
which dealer........ the one i was talking about was benfield renault on benfield road

Scotswood road dealer mate

Lee

BMW M2C

Renault Birmingham arent expecting any delays either. So far all the cars they have ordered have come on time.

He said Ill get it as soon as they get it unless it falls over a weekend, they can turn it round within a day of it arriving with them.

He also said I can collect at whatever time suits me during the week. He doesnt mind working late if thats easier. Hes even trying to pick me out a decent number plate to go with the car or my name.

Ford Fiesta

yeah it used to be good when we could pick our own reg plates, but not many dealors do this anymore they are just assigned automatically.

Lee

BMW M2C

He said at the moment the plates they are getting are really crap so hell wait and see what he can get me. God knows what hell come up with though. I cant think of a good one.

172, Tiguan

You guy want to order one over the summer when you have to wait ages because they close the factory. I waited 13 weeks for mine.

Lee M,

I got my 182 from Renault Birmingham and it was three weeks late so someone is telling porkies.

They did turn it round in one day though, just forgot to fit the autochanger. Promised they would call me last Saturday to arrange fitting, no call yet!!

Not wishing to brag, but I got my 182 (with cup extras) 2 days after ordering it!

(the dealership had an un-registered one sitting in the show room)

does anyone have a good idea as to whats causing the delays - if so, can we plan around this to prevent them from happening?? am bit concerned, cos gotta sell my Ibiza privately and dont want the cost of being without wheels for aaaages.... groan. Should be ordering my 182 tomorrow!!

I waited seven weeks for mine, from Renault Birmingham, I collected it a day earlier than the anticipated date (which is confirmed in a thank you letter from Renault directly), and I had no problems with the dealer. The guy I dealt with has moved to Renault Leicester now though.

Lee, regarding number plates, I tried to get a decent one but there was slim pickings - they were all prefixed BJ04 too which i wasnt keen on for obvious reasons, I waited a coupla weeks, rang again, and they had BG04 which I chose...not much of a selection though really fella.

I waited 3 weeks for a black one with Cup options, as the dealer had already ordered it as a showroom car - they had another in the showroom, but as that was the one I test-drove with dealer plates I wasnt too keen!;)

Matt

Lee

BMW M2C

As long as I dont have BJ on my number plate Ill be happy. He did tell me what they were currently getting and it wasnt great.

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 11 May 2004

As long as I dont have BJ on my number plate Ill be happy. He did tell me what they were currently getting and it wasnt great.
lol - a friends colleague of mine had a new company car turn up with the letters PUF on last year! Kinda made up my mind to opt-out!

Almost as bad as a car I saw yesterday with C U M ... :confused:

Now you cant tell me he knew the reg before he picked it up!!!! Id have walked out!

paid my deposit today, and pick up my 182 on saturday at NVC on brunswick ind. est. They are gettin a blue 182 in next tuesday as well, £12,200 on the road (import).

No waiting for me!!! :)

182 Spiced

Talking of number plates, im expecting my 182 in 2 weeks. I will be the proud of owner of the number plate KY04... Not as bad a BJ04... I just hope I have nothing weird like CUM, PUF, SAD, NAG...or something like that at the end.

Bring on the clio, its been 8 weeks now!!

182 Spiced

KY04JEL would be the end of it. I wouldnt even take the car. Id have to fork out 500 and buy a new number plate if that happened!

I had to wait 10 weeks for mine, ordered it in Jan and got it at the end of March, got £300 quid back from Renault though after I complained!!!!

They said it was waiting in France to be brought over and theyd prioritise it, still took another two weeks so if thats priority hate to see one thats not!!!

Clio 182 FF with Cup bits

I found a 1 month old 182 with Cup suspension and spoilers, plus the sound upgrade. Just 900 miles - so nicely run in and just had to wait a couple of days. The guy that had bought it in the first place decided he wanted a V6 - his loss was definitely my gain, certainly saved me a load of depreciation. :D