ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

467/500 FRP/ASW Content!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They aren't really, sadly again they suffer the same fate as the trophy, non moddable engine but stick like s**t to a blanket.

Before anyone writes them off for pace, drive one. It's an experience imo.

It may be because i'm a Ford nut but they just feel special.

I have no doubt that they are an epic car. You know I considered them (and the FRS) before buying mine?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah you mentioned it to me mate, it's an older car and as pep mentioned with the FRS you really need to 'get' these type of cars to want one.

I'm so glad I took the plunge! :) Puts such a smile on my face with even a trip to the shops!

One of those cars you find an excuse to drive. :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Can't wait mate! :)

I'll be drinking your old boys pop like it's going out of fashion! :eek:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
They aren't really, sadly again they suffer the same fate as the trophy, non moddable engine but stick like s**t to a blanket.

Before anyone writes them off for pace, drive one. It's an experience imo.

It may be because i'm a Ford nut but they just feel special.

Power/balance grip is more balanced on the Trophy though. With 180-190bhp that could of been a better car than the mk1 and mk2 frs imo.
Don't remember it being said, does yours have the LSD?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No mate and according to owners you wouldn't notice it in every day driving, i'd like to try one tho.

I really don't drive anywhere near quick enough or on a track to get the most out of one I don't think.

There were 80 with LSD's and I can fit one in a morning at my house if I wanted to £250 each.

No doubt the Trophy is the better car I just thought they shared some similarity's

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
No mate and according to owners you wouldn't notice it in every day driving, i'd like to try one tho.

I really don't drive anywhere near quick enough or on a track to get the most out of one I don't think.

There were 80 with LSD's and I can fit one in a morning at my house if I wanted to £250 each.

No doubt the Trophy is the better car I just thought they shared some similarity's

I can't remember if the one I drove did or didn't, reviews say it makes a big difference?
Owners are funny though, all the keg boys would have you believe the diff doesn't make a massive difference, the reviews suggest otherwise!

Are there no options for more power? The looks/height etc don't need anything doing, but more power would bring it to life!

ST
Lol Alan.

How moddable are they Kevin? As 8 seconds seems a bit . . . off the mark :S

ff_quote_13.jpg

'i said a ten second car, not a ten minute car...'

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I can't see exactly what you could do Warren.

I know pumabuild done the FRS connversion but nobody heard much of it.

There is a super 1600 rally inlet (think JMS) it's cool. You could squeeze 200bhp with that stuff on it.

Not sure pennies wise tho.

Oh it was the LSD owners that said they didn't see much of a difference on the road. Maybe on the track.

I'd like a professional view on it tho.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh he was talking to me!

:( Cutting JDM!

Was out a long run last night was really built for B road corners! So so flat through corners! It's a big grin machine!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
4734726219_9c76fb0e01.jpg

4735364290_63b73727f1.jpg

4735364034_8a7bfe32cd.jpg

Surprising how you can make a car look clean with a camera! :eek:

Warren what did you think of the one you drove?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
What's that coming over the hill?

Is it a monster, is it a monster (truck)!!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Warren what did you think of the one you drove?
So many good points, the chassis is so grippy and flat that you notice the (relative) lack of power more! But the engine has plenty of character (pop's etc).

I'd have one over a FRS anyday.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
My brother is looking at FRS's but I'm trying to get him to get one of these instead! LOLz I want a go.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
What's that coming over the hill?

Is it a monster, is it a monster (truck)!!
Rofl you moat c-unit!

So many good points, the chassis is so grippy and flat that you notice the (relative) lack of power more! But the engine has plenty of character (pop's etc).

I'd have one over a FRS anyday.
Thanks mate, would love to be a passenger in a really well driven FRP. Maybe one day!
My brother is looking at FRS's but I'm trying to get him to get one of these instead! LOLz I want a go.

If he has driven anything powerful before he may be a bit gutted with the FRP compared with the FRS!

I would recommend everyone to get a drive in one to see what the hype is about. :)

That car looks amazing.

The ride height suits it too. Better than driving around like a helmet in some decked Clio that handles like a bag of spanners, tries to put you in a ditch at every bump, and can't navigate a normal road without snapping the splitter off.

You, sir, have taste.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That car looks amazing.

The ride height suits it too. Better than driving around like a helmet in some decked Clio that handles like a bag of spanners, tries to put you in a ditch at every bump, and can't navigate a normal road without snapping the splitter off.

You, sir, have taste.
Cheers Munson.

The ride height serves a purpose, they could have made it any height they wanted!

Oh and my Carbon splitter is still intact, give me arch gap anyday.

:lolup: so true...

Looks fantastic, is that Danny having a bash in it in those photos?
Oh yes his sexy bum squeezed into the seats! I wanted to hear it from the outside.

As most people know it's nice to see your car from the outside being driven.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Everything is orginal mate, guy spent £1700 on a brand new Mani/exhaust from Ford a year ago as he wanted no non standard parts on the car.

Milltek/janspeed do full ones for £600/£700 he's clearly mental!

The exhaust surprises a lot of people due to the tailpipe design looking aftermarket kinda but it's all standard straight out the Tickford factory.

The orginal car comes with a black splitter this one has a Carbon Fibre one so that's the only real change but you wouldn't notice it.

Titanium 182
I spotted the local frp around my way at the weekend, its has th opitional spoiler on too.

I must admit everyone looks at it, everyone. Even my granny liked it!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Can we leave the last bit out! :eek:

It's meant to be hardcore!

Just kidding it does seem to have something that turns people heads (the arch gap maybe) :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i've said that they both suffer the same fate height wise the trophy does look high aswell.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols the only thing popping will be corks! :eek:

Is it a man only day or is the OH invited?