ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

45.5 mpg today

Black/Gold 182
Drove from Bracknell to nr Dover this afternoon, not ragging it and a few contra flows, but a steady 70 mph most of the way. Trip computer is showing 45.5 mpg - pretty astounding for a performance hot hatch and a good 4 mpg better then I've ever had before.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
that a good mpg, but i'm sure u'll have more fun gettin it down to the 36mpg that the book says;)

clio 2.0 182 & z3m coupe
good effort, wish i could get them figures drove back from Gatwick doing about 90 and managed 32 which i thought was brilliant.haha

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
If it says 45 then you can probably nock at least 6mpg of that in real terms,but good going none the less.

ian

Clio 172 mk2
Nice one

I saw 44 last weekend on the motorway which I thought was okay

Still didn't beat my best of 46 though

Clio 182
The best ive had was 38.9mpg and that was driving on the motorway from newcastle to leeds, quiet roads with cruise control set at 70mph all the way. I was well chuffed. No idea how you guys gets over 40

Mk4 .:R32
I've had 90 MPG, but I had just reset the trip computer and I was costing downhill lol. I can get 45mpg on the motorway doing 70 though :)

Black/Gold 182
What's weird is that I've never beaten 42 mpg before (and that was driving ultra careful). I did fill up at a BP garage but it was only regular unleaded + aircon was on most of the way.

Black/Gold 182
If you want MPG buy a diesel!

I know what you're saying, but it's one of the things I like about the 182. It's fun to thrash but when you have to do work travel you can still get good mpg (+ there's no point thrashing it round the M25 with its variable speed limits and the roadworks with average speed checks, all that achieves is points on your license)

MKV Golf GTi (240bhp)
i have never got more than 29mpg on my 172ff and 27mpg on my cup

but i do drive it hard and get very bored sitting at the same speed, or course different if its wet or am in really bad traffic

182,200sx s14a,Discovery
After the first week of ownership of my 182 i had done just over a thousand miles and averaged 24.6mpg, its currently at 33.8mpg as of this morning and i have done over 2000 now!

Golf GTI PP Mk7
ive had 99.9, lol, but yeah, thats coasting down a hill.

averaged 50.5 once on a 20 mile journey, that was cool.

Ph1
I still get the same MPG now its modded as when it was standard!

My average is 38 miles to the gallon with ragging it down to 32/34 and taking it steady 40 to 45+

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Has anyone's mpg been affected by breathing mods or exhaust? I don't want to fit these and find a negative result.