ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 Days into ownership and its started. . .

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
Picking her up standard 4 days ago:

Snapshot618.jpg

From this :

Snapshot626-1.jpg

To a mild quick rub down :

Snapshot642.jpg

To This :

Snapshot644.jpg

The drive home after fitting was immense! Best inconspicuous mod ever!
Will be tarting up the bay at some point soon with some metal polish and AG vinyl care.

Comments welcome

Adam :D

Clio 200 Black and White
hey Adam, the CDA looks cool - does it make a real difference to the engine noise? Any performance improvement?

The noise is insane! When the pedal is planted it grunts like an animal.

Not sure on the performance, it might be physcological but i think its crisper and smoother.

Well worth the £60 i paid for it :)

LOL Its just been serviced so it shouldnt be. . . . Might just be the lovely off white plastic container bottle :p

Ive seen guys on here with coloured coolant, whats that all about?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Get a decent air feed and im sure you will be even happier! Looks good though dude.

Isn't there some red coolant around too? I remember a flamer having some, looked quite nice. Got some more modification pictures to put up in a minute. . . . .

Heres some more tarting up Ive done today (supposed to be doing uni work) :cool:

Before

Snapshot653.jpg

After

Snapshot654.jpg

Before

Snapshot645.jpg

After (Needs refining but by hand this HURTS your back!)

Snapshot650.jpg

Finally, Before

Snapshot647.jpg

After :D

Snapshot648.jpg

Just been pottering in the garage since ten this morning. Thinks its coming along alright, so far so good!

Adam

Good mods so far mate, I hope to change my car to one of these whilst still at uni, is it achievable lol?

Its acheivable, although saying that, Its been 2 years of hard saving living at home and not going out that much! Well worth the cut backs though!

all grades of sandpaper and wet and dry until its smooth, then metal polish

Indeed, as above

But is there a limit to how much you can take off? dont wanna be rubbing too hard and causing any long term issues!

Ive seen shinier, so it cant cause a problem can it?

Golf R/Leon FR
Indeed, as above

But is there a limit to how much you can take off? dont wanna be rubbing too hard and causing any long term issues!

Ive seen shinier, so it cant cause a problem can it?

obviously there is a limit as to what you can sand, but i very much doubt you'll do much damage with sandpaper.

here is mine that i did with sandpaper. Also did the fuel rail guard.
Photo-0088.jpg

DSC00520.jpg

200 Gordini
Good mods so far mate, I hope to change my car to one of these whilst still at uni, is it achievable lol?

Dam right its achievable.. college with no job... Done

Nice mods.. tempted to polish my inlets but painting will take ALOT less time (although it wont look like yours :()

edit: and definitely not like garfs

Nice little mods, i might get a bmc.
Does it drain the fuel though ?

Draining the fuel....hmmmm... i dont think it does, its stil returning 35-37 mpg around town and 40+ on motorway journeys, but when i fitted it, i noticed a drop, mostly due to my right foot needing the sound :rasp:

But otherwise, it cant be much worse (if any) than the OEM airbox surely?

Im gonna get some finer grades of wet/dry today and hopefully polish it up a bit more... Got some black heatproof paint, but thats going to be a secret. . . . . .

320d
Good mods mate. You should make a vid of the BMC mate let us hear how it sounds.

Every 1*2 i've been in has always had an exhaust as well as IK so the exhaust drowns out the IK.

Good mods mate. You should make a vid of the BMC mate let us hear how it sounds.

Every 1*2 i've been in has always had an exhaust as well as IK so the exhaust drowns out the IK.

No performance exhaust, just BMC, its a good sound. Me and Crazy_clio are gonna head down to a local tunnel and get some as well as interior/exterior vids.

Keep an eye out. . .

clio 182
what have you used to polish up the inlets??

just sand paper?? wont that just scratch it though when its shiny?

Dynamique Flamer
Nice i knew you were spending most of your time with it but thats more than i have done to mine and i have nearly had mine for 3 months :D

what have you used to polish up the inlets??

just sand paper?? wont that just scratch it though when its shiny?

Used sand paper for getting the mottled effect off, then finer grades of wet and dry to remove all the previous scratches made by the original sand paper. Accompanied by some metal polish.

Doesnt look too bad really considering that only the first bash at it.

Adam

Hers todays modifications. . . . . . (I officially have an OCD with my car now, 6 days into ownership and its changed loads!)

Hope you like. . .

Snapshot657.jpg

Snapshot658.jpg

Snapshot659.jpg

Snapshot661.jpg

Snapshot662.jpg

Happy days!

What is a common thought here guys. . . .

Continue to Polish the inlets to a mirror finish??? Or black inlets to link the RS Logo and the fuel rail guard?

(Im feeling black to link the two together)

Opinions welcome