ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3rd Clio Crash today, arrrgggh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutely gutted, today I was doing my usual 5 mile journey I make every day, and for the third time someone hits my Clio,on that same 5 mile journey... only this time they didnt even stop (thats 3 crashes in 5 years btw, this is the first in my new Clio though the last two paid up without much hassle).

Got the first 4 parts of the number plate, the make, the model, and positively confirmed the driver was from my home town (I recognised her, dont know her name sadly) but as this isnt some American movie they couldnt trace it on that info alone...Im now kicking myself for not getting the last part.

...anyways, time for the painful stuff, any ideas how much a 15" 5 spoke Dynamique alloy costs? One is completely destroyed, another has some cosmetic damage but if they cant trace the culprit Im cutting my losses and putting up with that one. Also, as they havent traced the driver should I go ahead and get the work done (not on insurance, want to keep no claims) and keep the receipts incase they find her, or hold out? I will of course check with insurance but I wanted to know where I stood beforehand.

Bodywork damage is only cosmetic and not hugely noticeable, but Im a guy who did 100k in his last Clio and it still looked absolutely flawless, so I know I can let that go even if Im footing the bill.

Quote: Originally posted by derv on 23 January 2005

thats seriously unlucky! what happened? hit u and failed to stop?
Yup, cut right across me on a straight 30mph 2 lane road at around 20mph approaching a roundabout, she scraped along the rear half up the drivers door, pushed me into and onto the curb and thats when all hell broke lose as my tyre split and within a second or so I was rolling along on the alloy. She looked at me and sped off. Thankfully the actual impact damage isnt too bad as we were both travelling at the same speed, its the curb damage thats really done it.

Absolutely gutted, take pride in my car and unless I spend a fair bit of money Im worried it will lose value when I come to sell it fairly soon.

Quote: Originally posted by ukaskew on 23 January 2005

any ideas how much a 15" 5 spoke Dynamique alloy costs? One is completely destroyed, another has some cosmetic damage but if they cant trace the culprit Im cutting my losses
82 00 121 499 ALLOY 6J15 £99.39 ex vat

BMW E46 330i Touring

If you have already reported it and the police have come back to you saying theyve not got enough info then can you not just keep your eyes peeled for the lady in your town and when you see her car, get the rest of her reg?

Dunno how these things work but isnt it worth a try to avoid having to foot a pretty expensive bill?

Cheers for the info edde, I expected £150 or thereabouts so thats not a shock thankfully.

I will be keeping my eyes peeled, its so frustrating because I was at the same school with her but just cant think of her name. The local Police have passed the info onto the traffic unit and they did say finding her was possible, dunno how these things work but I guess tracing a car from 4/7s of the numberplate and knowing the make, model, colour and approx location of the driver is not entirely an impossible task.

All due respect to the various police departments I spoke to though, made filling in all the paperwork fairly painless and were genuinely helpful, Im not the sort of guy to go ranting and raving so I guess that helped.

133/225/CLS AMG

I find this all really shocking, she knew shed hit you and looked at you and still drove away.

I really sympathise with you mate!! Hopefully youll catch up with her at some point, through the Police of not ;)

Volvo S60 D5

How big is the town?

Track her down baby, it cant be that hard.

If she was at school with you havent you got a yearbook or similar, then trace her through the BT online system if you have her name and home town. Youll get her number, then you can backwards search her address from her number (after a £5 tip to a BT engineer).

Unless its a massive town like london or birmingham it wont be impossible at all.

Volvo S60 D5

Alternatively, if its her way to/from work, then just wait there for the car to go past the next day or something?

^^^ what I was going to say! She must have been going from and to somewhere, so take a trip in either direction at night when shes likely to be parked up and hope that she parks on the driveway!

Failing that, park up and wait around the same time to see if she comes past again! (Assuming you can get time off work lol)

What type of Car was it? If for example it was a ford, ring your local ford garage and see if they can tell you if a ford matching your description has come in for body work. She may want to get it repaired asap, to hide the fact shes been in an accident. Worth a Try

How do people like that sleep at night? I just dont get it...

Its not as if she didnt bloody notice the impact! :(

Hope you get it sorted swiftly and cheaply buddy!

Kot

172 ph1

"I will be keeping my eyes peeled, its so frustrating because I was at the same school with her but just cant think of her name. The local Police have passed the info onto the traffic unit and they did say finding her was possible, dunno how these things work but I guess tracing a car from 4/7s of the numberplate and knowing the make, model, colour and approx location of the driver is not entirely an impossible task. "

Have a look on friendsreunited.com, her name may be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.