ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3M Carbon Fibre Vinyl Interior - Clio 197

Ultra Red Clio 197
I got some of the 3M carbon vinyl... Here are some pics of what I did last night.. The centre console from my Clio 197 was a bit of a nightmare but got there in the end! I blew up a hairdryer in the process, had to run to a 24hr Tesco to get another one just so I could finish it! lol...

dinoc1.jpg

pic11.jpg

pic12.jpg

pic13.jpg

I will fit them later and get some more pics up showing the other two dash vents and my glossy red dash strips!

Hope you like!

Ross

I really like that.

Even though people say it doesn't look like "real" carbon fibre, it just looks much better and a bit more up market than plain plastic. Be interesting to see it fitted.

Ultra Red Clio 197
Liking that alot.... is it that hard to pull those parts out of my 197 and apply it to that standard? I love it!

Its actually very easy to remove the parts. The center console is held in with the same clips as the dash trims. Just wedge a flat headed screw driver in at the top on either side and it will click out. It is tricky and takes patience... I lost track of how long it took me to do the console! Maybe 2hrs at least! lol..

What size did you get???

I bought a sheet measuring 60cm x 122cm.. I still have lots left so going to see if the wing mirrors look good done in it... If not I'll just pull it off. It cost £16.99 on ebay but that was an offer the seller has ended now.. Its now £28.99.

Fitted pics will be posted up later!

1.6 Ford Focus
Looks good! Looking forward to the pics :)

What did you use to cut out the round parts? I did the back cover of my phone in this stuff and used a craft knife to cut around the round camera hole and it looks little messy.

Ultra Red Clio 197
Just refitted the parts! here is the finished result along with my glossy red dash strips which I painted last week!

pic15.jpg

pic14.jpg

pic16.jpg

pic17.jpg

pic18.jpg

pic19.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Cheers
Ross

Last edited:
  ?
Think this looks really good! Nice way of making a interior look more modern or replace some tacky looking interior strips on some lower spec cars.

Ultra Red Clio 197
Think this looks really good! Nice way of making a interior look more modern or replace some tacky looking interior strips on some lower spec cars.

Cheers Mate! For a 1st time attempt I am very happy with it.. I wasnt sure if it would all be too much but I think it works and looks well! The beauty of the 3M vinyl is it can just be peeled of and it wont have damaged anything or left any sticky residue!

Ultra Red Clio 197
Looks really good IMO mate, nice way to smarten up the interior. good work

Thanks.. I was having doubts about doing it but im pleased I did now!

Do you think it would be a good idea to also do the display on top of the dash with the clock etc? Im not sure if that would be too much!

Ultra Red Clio 197
looks mint but i would have kept the weave going the same direction on both items

I wanted to... but the extra vinyl I bought came cut the other way so just had to make do! Could always re do the centre vent so it matches... Im sure as hell not doing the console again as that was a b**ch to do! lol

a low one
Thanks.. I was having doubts about doing it but im pleased I did now!

Do you think it would be a good idea to also do the display on top of the dash with the clock etc? Im not sure if that would be too much!

i think its entirely up to you bud, if you think it could look good then go for it! its your car and you got to be happy with it. however you dont want it to look like you didnt want to waste any of the vinyl and have gone mad with it to get your moneys worth :rasp:

Ultra Red Clio 197
looks mint but i would have kept the weave going the same direction on both items

get it done son! that would drive me up the wall;)

Yeah me 2.. by the sounds of it you are a perfectionist like me! lol.. Might do it later!

i think its entirely up to you bud, if you think it could look good then go for it! its your car and you got to be happy with it. however you dont want it to look like you didnt want to waste any of the vinyl and have gone mad with it to get your moneys worth :rasp:

Yeah thats what I was worried about... dont want a carbon fibre overkill! Can always try it and remnove if its too much!

a low one
Yeah me 2.. by the sounds of it you are a perfectionist like me! lol.. Might do it later!

Yeah thats what I was worried about... dont want a carbon fibre overkill! Can always try it and remnove if its too much!

Maybe think about wrapping something like the exterior renault diamonds? they could look smart? thats just my opinion though lol

a low one
yeah I had thought about doing the wing mirrors and diamonds! decisions decisions!

IMO the wing mirrors may look abit " cheap " if you cover them with the vinyl, quite a large area of the stuff and may not do the car any justice. Diamonds would be a nice touch though! not familiar witht he 197s but if you have an exhaust recess cover you could maybe wrap that... if you have one that is lol

Ultra Red Clio 197
IMO the wing mirrors may look abit " cheap " if you cover them with the vinyl, quite a large area of the stuff and may not do the car any justice. Diamonds would be a nice touch though! not familiar witht he 197s but if you have an exhaust recess cover you could maybe wrap that... if you have one that is lol

I also thought that but might give it ago.. The vinyl just peels off without damaging anything so would be easy to put back to how it was if it doesnt look good. II have seen a liquid yellow 197 with the mirrors done and it looked well.. The 197 has the diffuser (google it) at the back so that wouldnt work! Thanks for your suggestions!

a low one
if no damage is caused then give it a shot mate! could pay off but if it doesnt... you have the comfort that it can come straight back off again! if you do it post some pics, id be interested to see how they come out :)

Ultra Red Clio 197
if no damage is caused then give it a shot mate! could pay off but if it doesnt... you have the comfort that it can come straight back off again! if you do it post some pics, id be interested to see how they come out :)

no probs! pics will follow if I do it! Its getting the mirror covers off which is a b**ch! lol

Ultra Red Clio 197
a tip for anyone wanting to do this... Dont do the dash vents! Console is fine though. Now that the colder weather is here im using the heater... its warping the 3M carbon fibre vinyl around the vents because of the heat so I think i'll just remove it. Looked well throughout summer though!