ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

36K and 5 year Belt Service - any alternatives to Ness Motors Perth?

Clio 197
Hey all,

The big belt service is due on the 197 at the end of October but the car is up for its spark plug service this month, I was thinking about killing two birds with one stone.

When I had the V6 I put it into Ness Motors in Perth. I couldn't fault the work but I always thought the price was a bit high.

I just gave them a ring for to get a quote and they'll do the spark plug service for £249, fair enough I guess...a little steep though.

The belts they will do for £549, so if I get both done together (which would be easier for me) it'd come in at a not inconsiderable £798!

Are there any other garages local to tayside who you'd trust to carry out the work that may be a bit cheaper?

Like I said, I cant fault their work but £800 is a fair wedge - only plus side is I could test drive their 200 again ;)

Thanks for any help

-Mark.

Cheers

Clio 197
I'm in Birmingham but the car is in Dundee :)

I work in Brum during the week and fly back up north every Friday for the weekend, hence Ness Motors in Perth!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Im in Edinburgh and im wanting to take my car to Fred @ BTM for work but im just waiting to get a quote from him and have been now for over 3 weeks.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
ahem, check your inbox Marc, was sent earlier today ;)

Got in now.

If im being honest i dont think i would use anyone in scotland. I would much rather drive to BTM or RS Tuning for any sort of work.

Clio 197
I meant to update this last Ocotber when I actually got the belts done but never got around to it. I ended up going to Falkland Performance, I don't think they had ever done a 197 but the price was good and I cant fault the service. Gets the thumbs up for me.

Cheers.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Im very happy with SWR in Stirling tbh, and so is Stu (with the sunflower) and Noddie (alien green 200). Stu and I have both had the full belt and dephasers done and we both ran good power afterwards so I would certianly say them, close by if there was an issue for any reason too.

172 cup, Impreza P1
For standard servicing just take it to reputable dealer. Bit more expensive but by the time you drive 600 miles it should work out less.