ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

36.6 MPG wtf

b/g 182, meg tourer
lol, i average at 37mpg in my 182!

Motorway driver??

well spend my weekends in london with my girlfriend so its a long drive down the a1 a14 etc. thats 37mpg average
where i live, fun country roads and city driving i get 20-30mpg :) depends what mood im in, the car demands a bit of a thrashing on the country roads but just no point on a1 etc

Shed.
noticed my average mpg is currently at 36.6mpg! it used to be around 40 when i first bought the car (march 07). what can i do to improve this? am i doing something wrong or is there a problem with my car (its only a 55 plate)?? i don't usually drive like a tw*t or anything but for some reason my car car has become more thisty!!

any advice people??

Thanks
Renshaw

ive found that too. usually get about 45+ but recently ive been getting 39/40

320d
i get about 33-34 around town in my 1.2 16v, on a long run i'll get 45+ but the trip computer isnt very accurate because i got 125 miles off around 15 liters, £15 which worked out at nearly 38mpg, i just know i get about 120 miles off £15.

Shed.
i get about 33-34 around town in my 1.2 16v, on a long run i'll get 45+ but the trip computer isnt very accurate because i got 125 miles off around 15 liters, £15 which worked out at nearly 38mpg, i just know i get about 120 miles off £15.

im going to feed my dogs gravy now.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
i get about 43 usually but rencetly its dropped to 41-42, its a combination of the colder ait and the use of extra electrical items, runnig you heater, light, wipers, screan heater and radio all at once, makes the engine work harder to produceless mpg, i try not to use my heaters if i can, it keeps the economy upp its just what we need when the price of fuel goes up reduced economy lol

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
If you fill up on a cold morning you will get slightly more fuel for your buck due to the air being a little more dense

BMW Z4 3.0i
About 28-29mpg average in mine. See 32mpg on the motorway doing about 80mph. 35mpg is about as good as it gets but cos of the long gearing and torque it's only a small drop in economy to drive a good deal faster in 5th.

Next car is lighter and has 6 gears so am hoping I'll see better figures!