ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

341hp Supercharged Clio :) 0.9 bar boost 7900rpm limit

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
So what is the all in price for this?

Thats f**king insane!

I think you will be looking at about 8k(if you don't already have the supercharger kit)when you consider the extra internal work this car has had,cams ect,and you will need a quaife or similar lsd another 1k with fitting,and if you don't have coilovers,exhaust ect add another 1.5k plus.

SQ5
I think you will be looking at about 8k(if you don't already have the supercharger kit)when you consider the extra internal work this car has had,cams ect,and you will need a quaife or similar lsd another 1k with fitting,and if you don't have coilovers,exhaust ect add another 1.5k plus.

You don't need an LSD, superchargers offer surprising amounts of grip levels due to the nature of the power. Mine/Pauls at 330 would rarely spin in the dry at all!

An LSD would be and advantage. An off the shelf start to finish price on a standard car would be a lot more than £8000, you'd be looking at £10k I'd say

mso

172 cup supercharged
Wouldn't be a certain 172 Cup in the project threads would it? :p

Very impressive figures, must be insanely quick now. It wasn't shy before the recent work either.

Ha ha just watch my vid!!! His car goes very well thou!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Are the Gearbox internals standard on this still or has it got something fancy in it?

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Are the Gearbox internals standard on this still or has it got something fancy in it?

This is a totally standard 172 gearbox.

Our white one was too, also dean's was 330hp on the stock box

SG9 Forester STi
Wow that's some graph :) awesome stuff!

sod going over 8 grand in an F4R, that would take a bit of getting used to

I'd love that, mine goes off the clock to 7800 would love the extra 2 but unless you have a crazy setup like this it'd be unnecessary.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
The gearboxes aren't that bad upto about 300bhp ish, beyond that and your really getting into territory that destroys gears and cracks casings. There are some mods out there but they come with varying success.

One mod (and I'm guesing its the one fitted to MSO's car) is a bearing brace, item cod. K0006 shown in the link below

http://www.bacciromano.com/index.php?p=prodotti&l=eng&cat1=24&cat2=51&mar=8

To fit it you need to have the gearbox casing end machined then drilled and tapped to accept the bolts, some people have used them in high powered 5 GT turbo drag cars with some good results, others have had a gearbox fail on the first run after fitting them :S

I suppose it's a relatively cheap item to buy but will result in expensive labour and maching charges, maybe if you were getting a LSD fitted it would be worth it whilst the box is in bits.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
I think these will be ok with the stock box tbh. Not too much torque.

LoL it was supposed to say 300 lbs/ft, TBH I didn't have any issues with mine at 340bhp and 315lb/ft. I think a lot depends on the mileage the box has covered and how it's been treated.

LY 182 T
is this clio blue by any chance? speaking to a boy up trax just before we went out on track, said it was running 240 but he was putting a forged lump in a few days later and turning the boost up