ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

330i .net

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Another new car thread but I’m definitely keeping this one as I love it already.

It’s an e90 330i (n53) auto
Sparkling graphite

Bought it from the original owner. I have the original invoice and it has in the region of £8000 worth of options lol.

- Xenons
- Comfort access - never had this before but it’s probably the best option I’ve ever had on a car.
- dab
- Bluetooth
- Nav
- split sliding armrest
- split folding rear seats
- luggage compartment thing in the boot
- PDC front and rear
- steering wheel paddles
- factory rear tints
- electric seats
- lumbar support
- DSP hi fi
- usb interface
- 6 disc changer
- electric folding mirrors

Travelled to London for it and drove it back, averaging 39mpg but I’m really not expecting that generally. It goes really well and masks speed like any German car.

The owner had a warranty on it since new and was paying £60 a month to Bmw by the end! Mechanically it’s ridiculously good. Cosmetically needs a few bits and bobs but I’ll get round to that. Overall really happy.

AEA0057C-0BB8-45E9-80B2-4932E9E36399.jpeg
12538F3E-907D-4769-8D65-908A3DE31571.jpeg
F40AA8DB-8DB0-43C3-B86E-7DF0E6254ABB.jpeg
EAC824A6-9D00-44EB-B1E0-1E3D6062D34D.jpeg
F9DDF223-EE93-4252-9C05-0ED3911A6263.jpeg

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I’m leaning towards an E91 version of these so very keen to know your thoughts on spec and what you consider a ‘must have’ vs ‘nice to have’.

Where did you find it? Piston/Trader/Bay?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Autotrader.

I would say Xenons and Nav are must haves. Most are poorly specced out there. Comfort access is superb but I think a rare option (£450). Everything else is just preference.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Options list, no idea what half them are:

L812A National version England / Ireland
P337A M Sports package
S1CAA Selection of COP relevant vehicles
S1CBA CO2 package
S1CDA Brake Energy Regeneration
S205A Automatic transmission
S249A Multifunction f steering wheel
S2MFA BMW alloy wheel, M spider spoke 193
S2PAA Wheel bolt retainer
S302A Alarm system
S313A Fold-in outside mirror
S319A Integrated universal remote control
S321A Label
S322A Comfort access
S418A Luggage compartment package
S423A Floor mats, velours
S428A Warning triangle and first aid kit
S431A Interior mirror with automatic-dip
S441A Smoker package
S459A Seat adjuster, electric, with memory
S465A Through-loading system
S481A Sports seat
S488A Lumbar support, driver and passenger
S493A Storage compartment package
S497A Centre armrest, rear
S4AEA Armrest front, retractable
S4MGA Int. mouldings aluminium glacier-silver
S502A Headlight cleaning system
S508A Park Distance Control (PDC)
S520A Fog lights
S521A Rain sensor
S522A Xenon Light
S534A Automatic air conditioning
S544A Individual equipment
S563A Light package
S5DCA Rear-seat headrests, folding
S609A Navigation system Professional
S612A BMW Assist
S616A BMW Online
S620A Voice control
S633A Preparation, mobile phone, Business
S654A Radio Bavaria C III
S677A HiFi System Professional DSP
S694A Provisions for BMW 6 CD changer
S6FLA USB/Audio interface
S704A M Sports suspension
S715A M Aerodynamics package
S760A High gloss shadow line
S761A Individual sunshade glazing
S775A Headlining anthracite
S7XAA M Leathr. wheel+shift paddle+multifunc.
S850A Dummy-SALAPA
S853A Language version English
S863A Retailer Directory Europe
S877A Delete cross-pattern operation
S880A On-board vehicle literature English
S8S2A Coding alarm signal
S8S3A Automatic locking when driving off
S8SMA Car ident. number visible from outside
S8SPA Control unit CO2

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I like these and its nice to see full warranted car.
Should be good.
Dread to think what was paid over 12 years in warranty! Well I suppose 9 years. Not cheap anyway but some good things have been covered under warranty so it’s nice to have that covered

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I like these and its nice to see full warranted car.
Should be good.
Dread to think what was paid over 12 years in warranty! Well I suppose 9 years. Not cheap anyway but some good things have been covered under warranty so it’s nice to have that covered

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just keyless entry and start, I’ve never had it before but it’s useful

One of the best things about my megane was the keyless entry and start! It is a really good option to have. I actually googled it last night to see what it was.

I have just purchased a 2006 E92 330i myself.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Very nice mate. Good spec aswell. Me personally would want the E91. Only because I love my E46 330 tourer.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I prefer the look of the estate for sure but they are hard to come by and my budget couldn’t stretch any further sadly. Add to that the other half reckons it’s as large as a herse ?

mart.z.s

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
Good choice ?And excellent spec aswell. How you finding the auto box? First time with an auto on my e91 but it’s pretty effortless to drive and like you say masks the speed. I’m finding I could do with a little more space with 2 kids but everything does fit for now?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I’m loving it to be honest. I had an e39 3 litre auto before and it was very sluggish. This auto is much more responsive and gear changes are noticeably quicker

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I’ve no idea tbh. I have the n53 engine which is in the facelift anyway

XHP is available, should say on the massive e90post thread somewhere and/or the website id imagine.
Glad you go this bought, as soon as you sent it to me i knew it was a good un!!
39mpg is probably about right for motorway use on the N53, ive just done 800 miles to and from Le Mans, fully loaded in the touring (seats down, beer to the roof), with a roof box, cruising at 80-85 and done nearly 35 :ROFLMAO:

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Few updates for the car

2019 sat Nav disc purchased. It was on the original 2007 disc. Probably won’t use it but nice to have anyway and was only a tenner

Purchased a set of mats, from halfords of all places. Really good quality, I’d recommend them and they’re dark grey as opposed to black so look very OEM.

Also fitted a set of 12mm spacers to the rear wheels (facelift style). Makes the rear look a bit better. Also some new bolts for the front wheels too. Also ripped out and cleaned the rear arch liners and cleaned the arches. Fairly easy to do and worthwhile

3B6B2DDB-6679-429F-9C39-98E27FA56213.jpeg
F1C7F4F1-68E8-4D7B-894B-5BADF77D5C6F.jpeg
F8A888DD-E9DD-430A-B0AF-2F1573168DF1.jpeg
F3AA0A63-1DB4-4232-BF10-89C8D4B4FD0B.jpeg
0CBE88D5-894B-4A77-9C86-A547D1B76AE7.jpeg
3CCB9416-37D8-4552-AA76-73516F2AB3E9.jpeg

Only got one before but they were minging. Also found one of the rear shocks is weeping slightly.
17338597-2CB9-479A-A141-1FEAF366138F.jpeg

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
To do list

Wheel refurb
New centre caps
Paint calipers
Detail engine/exterior
New stop/start button
Refurb steering wheel trim
New rear shocks

Still really enjoying it. First full tank returned 27mpg though. I was enjoying it a bit too much ?

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
I had a manual facelift e91. Ultra rare. I think they only made 9.

These are great engines and on par with 2 litre turbo for economy, so it's crap that bmw discontinued n.a. 3.0.

I had plenty off stuff replaced under warranty.

Earlier n52 engine also a cracker. My wife had one of these in a 130i at same time. N52 probably edges n53 for me on reliability and sound.

Good luck and enjoy. Get a bmw performance exhaust.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
I went r26 to 330i to e92 m3 back to megane cup s.

I think the 330i and meganes are hard to beat as a balance of running costs and practicality vs performance.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I’ve looked into a PE but they’re a fortune! The other half’s z4 is n52. I would agree that sounds a bit better but the n53 is definitely the slightly better engine.

Thankfully this one has had lots done under warranty, most importantly a whole set of new injectors fitted by Bmw in April 2014.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I went r26 to 330i to e92 m3 back to megane cup s.

I think the 330i and meganes are hard to beat as a balance of running costs and practicality vs performance.
I had a Megane too. The Megane was much more of a weapon but the bm is a much nicer placer to be, much better drive too.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
I got my exhaust for £350 new. I think retail was nearer £1k. I think bmw was offloading at big discount. They used to come up used.

Previous owner had injectors and then I had a set.

When there was problems used to idle poor and exhaust tips would blacked with soit but app art from that even when it was not running right the performance and economy seemed unaffected.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
The 330i is underrated. I looked to replace with a golf r but thought the interior was not as nice and if did not feel significantly faster stock.

Similar story on 335i. But more torque mid and bottom but did not feel like top end that 330i gas. Looked at a couple of those also.

Had to go m3 for noticeable step up.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Phenomenal price on the PE. They’ve discontinued it now which means prices are holding at a decent rate. I may keep my eye out for a second hand one