ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

32" or 37"?

Scirocco GT 210
Not the usual "which TV should I buy" question, but I'd like your opinions purely on which size of TV you think would be best for my situation.

It's for my bedroom and I'm going to be sitting between 2.4m and 3m away from the screen. I plan on using it for both SD freeview and HD films/gaming.

I personally feel 26" would be too small and I think 40" might be a bit too big? Hence the 32" or 37" in the topic title, but feel free to recommend any screen size you deem necessary.

There's plenty of space in the area where I'm putting the TV so no worries there, I'm just concerned about getting the right size for my viewing distance.

Thanks.

Yaris Hybrid
Thats a pretty big bedroom if you can get 3m from the TV although it could just be how you have it all laid out? I am 2m from mine and it is a 32. It is about right but a 37 would be nice.

Given the distance you are at I'd go for the 37.

However if money is tight don't get a lesser quality 37 instead of a higher quality 32. So as long as you are looking at the same manufacturer/model but just in difference sizes then 37 it has to be.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
I use a 32".

I like to sit no more than one metre from the screen when gaming.

When watching T.V. I like to sit about three metres from the screen, wished I bought the 37". The 32" is just a tad too small.

Ideal viewing distance is supposedly tripe the screen size.

37" = 111" = 281.94cm

Although having said that, im probs about 3m from my tv and thats 42" :D Looks great!

Leon Cupra 300
Kind of wish i got a 40 instesad of my 37 for the front room, this might go to my bedroom and buy a new one for the front room!

Monaco 172 2/468
Especially as you are using some HD stuff, definitely get the 37, no choice :) You'll get used to it in 30 mins !

I was sat 2.5 ish away from a 32" set, upgraded to 37" and it's 100x better :cool: