ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

310bhp Turbo R27

Turbo LY R27
Well i picked up my car from bolton on friday! The journey to get the car where it is today has been filled with ups and downs from the very start, so the idea of giving the car to ste @SC auto's to turbo was to make it reliable again and make it useable. No dash lights, error messages, inaccurate fuel gauge, terrible to start etc etc. I was extremely fed up with how even after about 8.5k shoved in the car STILL never ran as it should supercharged, lying dyno figures and excuses a plenty were given to me, and blatantly ripped off in some areas. So off the car went to fix and repair some terrible wiring and some seriously bodged up work!

So now the car has had, a meg 225 hybrid, 197 cams, 250 inlet mani and throttle body, SC autos 3" hard pipe/intercooler kit, R26 ECU, and lots of other bits.

The car is running a healthy safe 310 bhp and 300 lbft, there is more to come as the engine is fully forged and has fuel system but it will be done in stages. I also have ready and waiting a boost controller to be fitted. While i was there we also fitted my 200 recaro covers that i have had sat around for 4 years lol. They are brand spanking new and really freshen the car up!

The car performs great, pulls really hard to the redline and as so effortless to drive! And coupled with nankang NS2r's, KW V3's and a Quaife it is so hooked up through the corners, there is no slip as all. The whole experience of driving it is epic, it feels standard! No issues at all! Cant wait to put some more through it!!

I gave it a wash today so here are some pics :)

IMG_1678.gif

IMG_1680.gif

IMG_1682.gif

IMG_1684.gif

IMG_1686.gif

IMG_1688.gif

IMG_1690.gif

IMG_1694.gif

IMG_1696.gif

IMG_1708.gif

Turbo LY R27
No i havnt, and i wont either, dont wanna put the stress on the clutch/gearbox. I dont boot it in 1st, bit of mechanical sympathy where you can goes a long way :)

Turbo LY R27
I like the fact it looks standard!

Me to mate, the exhaust is really quiet now, so you an drive it really docile if you like, then its all turbo noise and a nice grunty sound that wont be heard from miles away buy everyone! Which in a yellow car is helpful lol

Turbo LY R27
Not sure mate on tb size. I dont think theres a lot in it if anything, it isnt very big. The 250 inlet was what i wanted mainly. From what i gather the clio 200/ meg 250 blocks are basically the same, so was a no brainer to get the 250 manifold.

Suzuki Jimny
Wasn't this the one that had a video on here and was slated for being rather slow? If so glad it's now sorted out!

Turbo LY R27
Wasn't this the one that had a video on here and was slated for being rather slow? If so glad it's now sorted out!

Thats the one! As it turns out everyone was right. I questioned it a lot after. I never got it dyno'd elsewhere but after driving a few 280bhp megs that felt faster and couldnt shake off a 300 bhp mk1 frs on track i delved deeper. There was no way the car was over 300 before, i reckon 280 max! Which sounds about right from jamsports power figures speaking from 95% of people that have had things done by them, fiddled rollers and bodged work just to get your money appears to be the norm for them. But who knows i could be wrong, along with most other unhappy ex customers of theres.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Thats the one! As it turns out everyone was right. I questioned it a lot after. I never got it dyno'd elsewhere but after driving a few 280bhp megs that felt faster and couldnt shake off a 300 bhp mk1 frs on track i delved deeper. There was no way the car was over 300 before, i reckon 280 max! Which sounds about right from jamsports power figures speaking from 95% of people that have had things done by them, fiddled rollers and bodged work just to get your money appears to be the norm for them. But who knows i could be wrong, along with most other unhappy ex customers of theres.

Sad to hear, especially with the money sunk into it.

Here's to it genuinely being over 300bhp this time :)